Laos Adventure Tour On Motorbike
Join our Group Ultimate Laos Adventures for 14 days in Northern Laos. The other activities NON MOTORBIKING to enjoy the moment of a lifetime!...
You may arrive at any time of the day at our meeting point and hotel. After settling into accommodations in the centre of Vientiane, discover religionwe spend the afternoon exploring its magnificent colonial buildings, taking in its provincial flair. In the evening, those who are up for it can check out the nightlife...or try the local beer “Lao” … welcome dinner.
2. Monasteries, Colonial Heritage, night life
Today we have time to become more familiar with the city and its sights such as the renovated, active monasteries (Sri Saket, Haw Pha Kaew) and, most importantly, the national monument "Pra Thrat Luang" with its famed golden paint. In the small monasteries of the city, we’ll meet the friendly young monks in their saffron robes, who gladly show us their homes and describe their lives of devotion…
3. From Vientiane to Vang Vieng
After breakfast, we drive north to the small city of Vang Vieng (approx. 160 km), which is tucked in among rocky cliffs and a small river and has retained its unique charm. In the afternoon, we explore a nearby cave and subsequently enjoy the sunset and silence at the river. Here we stay in a small guesthouse near the river.
4. Hiking, Caving and Kayaking
This adventure daytrip brings us to hidden caves and the surrounding villages. We become part of this unbelievable landscape of rock, jungle and rivers. In the afternoon, we paddle by kayak back to Vang Vieng. The area offers other options as well, such as extensive hikes, further cave exploration and enjoyment of the expansive landscape .
5. Vang Vieng and a Cave Expedition in the Highlands
We now travel deeper into the mountains and the green hinterland. Slowly the road winds along the slopes, over mountain passes and through small villages. In the afternoon, we reach a recently discovered cave. With adventurous spirit and our equipment, we rise into the dark and cool to investigate the wealth of this hidden place. We spend the night in a small lodge.
6. The Adventure Takes its course…Vang Vieng - adventure tour LaosRafting or Kayaking on the Nam Ming River
After breakfast, we head out by minibus for our river adventure –(approx. 1.5 hrs). With our rafts or kayaks, we embark onto the Nam Ming and paddle by the tides of the river through the wildly enchanting landscape. Equipped with sturdy rafts, life jackets, helmets and our guides, we head into a genuine adventure among rivers, forests, mountain ranges and villages. We spend the night in tents and share a campfire on the beach along the river. During this river trip, each participant must carry limited luggage. The large luggage is transported to Luang Prabang where we will arrive on Day 11.
7. Trekking Day 1: Highlands of Laos – Local People - Jungle and mountains
We continue on foot, and our challenging multi-day trek takes us through the hinterland of Laos , which is difficult to reach. Our guides lead us from village to village, and we have an opportunity to observe the true, original life of the local people. We will have home-stays with the villagers and bed down with mosquito nets
8. Trekking Day 2: - Highlands of Laos – Local Peoples - Jungle
We migrate further into the remote and sparsely populated areas of the hinterland. Wilderness and agriculture co-mingle in this ancient homeland of the mountain people. Here, we meet the Hmong and the trekking in laos - village visitKhmu, who make their living by crop rotation and raising small farm animals. Over wildly overgrown mountains, we make our way towards the Nam Khan, which we will soon travel. Overnight in village.
9. short trekking - Highlands of Laos – Jungle Resort, Elephant Camp
Our last trekking day brings us down into the neighboring plains. At midday, we arrive at a beautiful resort. Here we rediscover all the amenities of civilization along a lovely river near beautiful bungalows. The first thing you may wish to do is to take a shower- or you can choose a bath with our giant neighbors, the elephants! The resort boasts a great restaurant. We spend the night here in this beautifully landscaped oasis. Overnight in Lodge or Resort.
10. Elephant Tour - Waterfall - Kayak – Cultural Capital Luang Prabang
On the last day of our intensive adventure, we share an unforgettable experience. A morning bath with elephants, the elephant ride near the Tad Sea Waterfalls on our thick-skinned friends, a refreshing bath in the waterfall and our subsequent arrival at the cultural capital of Luang Prabang are the icing on the cake of this unique program! In the evening, time remains for exploring this stunning and idyllic city. Hotel overnight accommodations are included. Kuang Si Waterfalls Luang Prabang.
11. Luang Prabang Tour of the City, Temples , Monasteries and the Majestic Mekong River
There is much to see in today's itinerary, and we will accomplish as much as we can. Our focus is the history and beauty of the city. The old partially renovated colonial buildings and over 20 monasteries in the city are alone worth a whole day. In addition, the monastery mountain Phou Si, with its grand view of the city, offers another high point of full discoveries and experiences. We can converse with monks on the steps of the monasteries, and later stop in at one of the delicious roadside restaurants.
12. Relaxing in Luang Prabang
Following such an active schedule, we take a day to catch a breath, which is close to the souls of the Laotian people. With our private cars we head out for a relaxing day out at the cascades of the Kuang Si waterfalls. Hang out, enjoy the splashing waters and natural pools. Pick-nick lunch will be served at the waterfalls.
13. Additional Day in Luang Prabang, Mekong River and Pak Ou Cave
Today, you wrap up this shorter version of our trip, but there is still time for a bit more adventure. You journey by boat upriver to the Pak Ou Cave, also called the Cave of the Thousand Buddhas, since here innumerable Buddha statues overlook the Mekong from within the cave. In the afternoon, you head back to Luang Prabang for some free time.
14. Departure from Laos
Transfer to the Airport for your departure
• Double occupancy accommodations in clean hotels and guesthouses, as well as home stays or jungle camp during trekking
• Breakfast in the hotels
• Full meals on the tours legend: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
• Transportation in accordance with program in minibuses, tuk-tuks or boats, rafts, kayaks, bicycles
• All program activities, which includes: City tours, Hiking, Cave exploration, Rafting or Kayaking and multi-day treks from Luang Prabang Elephant trip
• English speaking Guides and European management in Luang Prabang
• Additional personnel for activities, such as carriers and aides
• Luggage transfer on Day 6
• Anything not specified above
• Travel to/from Laos (no flights included) Local and international airport taxes
• Visa and entry fees for Laos (Visa should be secured in advance – see appendix for more information)
• Personal local expenses, additional food and beverage
• Travel insurance and medical insurance
# # #
Voyage Vietnam MOTOTOURS ASIA: The adventure of life time! Guided motorcycle tours and offroad adventures in Vietnam, China, Laos, Cambodia. Yearly CROSS BORDERS EVENT for riding through Asia.