Advanced HDR By Technicolor® Showcases Live Production Workflow Solutions for Broadcast Distribution at NAB 2023
By: Advanced HDR by Technicolor
During NAB 2023, executives will be on hand to demonstrate how Advanced HDR by Technicolor addresses dynamic down-mapping from HDR to SDR and leveraging dynamic metadata to enable live encode, record and playback at transmission.
"HDR is increasingly moving into the mainstream for broadcast production workflows especially for live sports. As this trend continues, broadcast engineers have to deal with greater complexity within their workflows in order to deliver high-quality SDR and HDR content to audiences," said Tony Bozzini, head of business development for Philips. "That is why Advanced HDR by Technicolor is continually developing new features to improve the delivery of both SDR and HDR content in this time of transition."
Today content in Advanced HDR by Technicolor is available in the US, 24 hours a day, seven days a week from more than 35 Sinclair Broadcast Group stations. To learn more about Advanced HDR by Technicolor during NAB 2023, visit:
● Sinclair Broadcast Group - ATSC booth – West Hall W3443: Content enabled by Advanced HDR by Technicolor will be showcased on the latest Hisense U8 TVs, demonstrating how high dynamic range improves the viewer experience.
● Cobalt Digital booth – Central Hall C2108: The Advanced HDR by Technicolor team will demonstrate its content production tools including the unique "no-compromise"
● BBright, MainConcept, Advanced HDR by Technicolor – Ultra HD Forum – West Hall W4009 – Futures Park: The Advanced HDR by Technicolor team and partners BBright and MainConcept will demonstrate how their solutions integrate the management of dynamic metadata at playout while allowing live encode, record, playback functions. Visitors will also see how SL-HDR1 streams are transmitted on the latest Hisense U8 TVs. Other important solutions to be highlighted at the Future Park:
○ BBright's Integrated Playout Software -- a media platform designed to address high-end ingest, playout and channel-in-a-
○ BBright's RMD Monitoring Solution -- a software-based monitoring solution able to analyze and verify 2110, SDI, and transport stream, up to Ultra HD; and
○ MainConcept Live Encoder with HEVC/H.265 -- a powerful all-in-one video and audio encoding engine that simplifies common broadcast and OTT video workflows.
● Cinnafilm – West Hall W1776: Cinnafilm provides award-winning video and audio processing solutions for standards conversions within real-time transcode workflows, high-quality motion-based frame rate conversion, audio/video retiming, deinterlacing, denoising, and texture management. In addition, Cinnafilm will demonstrate its suite of third-party tools available in PixelStrings, including Advanced HDR by Technicolor.
● LCEVC – West Hall W3075: The Low Complexity Enhancement Video Codec (LCEVC) team will showcase Brazil's SBTVD TV2.5 broadcast encoding solution, with MainConcept's AVC/H.264 video encoder and Advanced HDR by Technicolor solutions.
About Advanced HDR by Technicolor
Advanced HDR by Technicolor®
● The Intelligent Tone Management (ITM) tool provides a dynamic, tunable, real-time solution to up-convert SDR content to HDR with full freedom and flexibility to manage contrast, brightness and color saturation.
● The Single Layer HDR (SL-HDR) is a dynamic and tunable real-time tool that implements the ETSI SL-HDR standards to generate and deliver a single, consistent, high-quality broadcast stream starting from any mix of input content (such as live, movies, news) across a wide range of HDR formats (HDR10, HLG, S-LOG3). SL-HDR1 transforms HDR input streams into SDR-plus-metadata streams. SL-HDR compatible receivers provide consumers with high-quality HDR images that can be adapted to optimize the display capabilities of their devices. Thanks to the unique backward compatibility feature of SL-HDR1, consumers who do not have HDR devices can enjoy the highest quality SDR experience.
To learn more about Advanced HDR by Technicolor visit: