- March 31, 2023
-- With the increasing popularity of road trips and outdoor adventures, many people are turning to RV rentals to explore the great outdoors. If you're an RV owner, renting out your vehicle on platforms like Outdoorsy can be a great way to earn some extra income while your RV is not in use. Here are some tips for owners who want to rent their RV and make some extra cash:
- Prepare your RV: Before renting out your RV, make sure it's clean and in good condition. Check all systems, such as the AC, heater, and water pump, to make sure they're working properly. Stock the RV with basic necessities, such as linens, towels, cookware, and utensils.
- Set a competitive price: Do some research to see what other RV owners are charging for rentals similar to yours. Set a competitive price that will attract renters, but also ensure that you're making enough money to cover your expenses.
- Create an appealing listing: When creating your listing, be sure to include high-quality photos of your RV, as well as detailed descriptions of its features and amenities. Highlight any unique selling points, such as a custom paint job, solar panels, or a built-in generator.
- Communicate clearly with renters: When a renter is interested in your RV, be sure to communicate promptly and clearly. Answer any questions they may have and provide detailed instructions for pick-up, drop-off, and operation of the RV.
- Get insured: Peer-to-Peer RV rental sites like Outdoorsy, RVshare, and RVezy provide insurance coverage for all rentals, but it's a good idea to also have your own insurance policy in place. Talk to your insurance provider to make sure you have adequate coverage for renting out your RV.
Renting out your RV on peer-to-peer platforms can be a fun and rewarding experience, allowing you to share your love of the outdoors with others while also earning some extra income. By following these tips, you can create a successful and enjoyable rental experience for both yourself and your renters.
Michael and Melissa Harlow made over $26,000 in one season renting out their RV. "We love renting our RV and seeing families bond together in the outdoors." says Michael, "We have a great website, with information and videos to get other RV owners interested in renting their RV, instead of it just sitting there collecting dust." The typical RV owner only uses their RV about 3 – 4 weeks a year, the rest of the year.
For more information on learning how to rent out your RV, visit https://www.theadventuretravelers.com/list-your-rv-and-ma...