About brain fog symptoms,Long covid care center summarizes effective ways to relieve brain fog
Previous research on the coronavirus has shown that a large proportion of COVID-19 survivors complain of memory loss more than 100 days after being discharged from the hospital. These symptoms are collectively referred to as "brain fog".
In this regard, the LongCOVIDCareCenter.Org studied the symptoms of Long COVID and concluded the pathogenesis of long COVID brain fog symptoms:
1. Patients infected with the new coronavirus still have many antigenic fragments of the new coronavirus remaining in their bodies.
2. The new coronavirus breaks through the blood-brain barrier and invades the brain
3. The new coronavirus directly invades the brain nerves and damages neuronal pathways.
4. Patients infected with the new coronavirus will have vascular inflammation and micro coagulation, resulting in local hypoxemia.
At the same time, the LongCOVIDCareCenter (https://postcovidbrainfog.org) provides some suggestions for patients with brain fog symptoms after the COVID-19 from the perspective of Western medicine and TCM, as well as daily life and diet:
Western medicine treatment plan:
The first is to do two more PCR tests to check if the test is positive.
The second item is a neurological examination. Because the high incidence of neurological symptoms in long-term COVID-19 patients.
The third item, assessed thyroid hormones, zinc, ferritin, antinuclear antibodies, rheumatoid factor, and blood sedimentation rate in almost all patients.
The fourth item is a comprehensive cardiac function test.
Chinese medicine treatment plan
(1) Perform the observation, smelling, hearing, and inquiring of traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis, and to consult the comprehensive physical examination report.
(2) According to the most comprehensive condition information of the patient, the main symptoms, accompanying secondary symptoms, physical condition, and diseased parts of the internal organs are classified and summarized.
(3) Comprehensively use the theory and practical experience of traditional Chinese medicine, and prescribe traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions to patients. If acupuncture is needed, acupuncture and moxibustion will also be prescribed.
Health product to Help Treat Brain Fog
(1) Omega 3 (Ω3) fatty acid, containing high amounts of DHA and EPA, is used to improve fatigue function and protect cardiovascular and cerebrovascular. Vitamin C, D, E, Curcumin, and Sulforaphane are used to scavenge free radicals, and antioxidant, activate NRF2, and reduce chronic inflammation throughout the body.