Wim And Gabriel Outside Vilaluz
- June 9, 2022
-- Spain´s Costa del Sol is famous for its fabulous climate with 320 days of sunshine a year, its huge market for luxurious second homes in the sun and its magnetic attraction for tourists and visitors looking to enjoy the healthy Mediterranean lifestyle and relaxed way of life.
With the onset of Covid-19 and the ongoing climate crisis, many people looking for their ideal second home in the sun also want the peace of mind of clean air, clean water and construction or renovation of their homes done in an environmental conscious way.
According to a recent report by Deloitte, 'The construction sector is a major contributor to climate change. An overhaul is needed to both minimize the sector's impact on climate and to prepare for climate´s impact on them'.
Construction Group was recently set up by Belgian serial entrepreneur Wim Voss and Belgian/Spanish national Gabriel Laca to set new standards for environmentally friendly construction on the Costa del Sol and to bring the latest technologies for clean air, clean water and harnessing the power of the sun to reduce the carbon footprint.
The company offers a variety of cutting-edge products on the Costa del Sol for the first time. These include:Ultrasonic
- A next generation, cost saving high tech tool that breaks down the biofilm in water that is nontoxic, chemical free and uses a low power supply. It eliminates biofilm so algae, bacteria and limescale cannot grow. It can be used in swimming pools, ponds, hot tubs, yachts and much more. This results in many advantages: bacteria and toxin free water, longer-lasting applications, reduced costs and less fuel emissions
- ActivePure was developed for use in space exploration by NASA and has since evolved for use in commercial and consumer products to reduce exposure to pathogens, including the COVID-19 virus, bacteria, fungi and moulds, by up to 99.9% in the air and on surfaces. The technology has been tested in more than 100 independent lab studies and several live sites and its devices are currently in use in the White House and the International Space Station.
Existing Home Renovations
- The 25th Construction Group team are working with local artists to create unique art pieces that include solar cells and work in the same way as traditional solar panels but that are not only energy efficient, but are also special and beautiful features in the gardens and outdoor spaces of their clients' homes.
- The company specializes in renovating existing homes where clients want to use the latest technologies to bring their homes up to today´s standards in an environmentally conscious way. Their first client is 'Vilaluz', a luxury yoga and wellness centre being set up by Wim and his wife Ans, situated in a traditional Andalucian villa in Mijas/Marbella, where the current installations are being upgraded ready to welcome upmarket international and local clients during 2023.
- 25th Construction Group Director, Gabriel Laca has many years of construction experience on the Costa del Sol and Gibraltar and has worked on many eminent projects including the World Trade Centre in Gibraltar, Gibraltar Airport Terminal, Ocean Village Gibraltar Floating Hotel and apartments, the 5-star Kempinski Hotel and supermarket giant, Lidl. A full range of new environmentally friendly construction services will be available via 25th Construction Group.