Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
SORT and Succeed with Clutter Control Strategies for GO Month 2022 (January)
Member of the National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals Helps You Get Organized for the New Year at online event January 31
By: HeartWork Organizing, LLC
Organize your life with a repeatable system, giving you a time-saving shortcut to a simpler life. Try SORT and Succeed:
1. Start with a written 5-word goal to define your project and keep you from getting distracted. "Hang clothes in closet" is the type of clear, written goal that works well for organizing success.
2. Organize into groups. Group similar things together to start. Shoes together, clothes together, papers together, etc. Grouping is easier for many people than making decisions about what to toss, so it's a gentle way to ease into organizing.
3. Reduce, release, and reset. With things grouped together, you can more easily compare items to each other. It becomes easier to decide what to keep, and much easier to see how much space you need to store or display each grouping.
4. Tweak your space. Upgrade your storage containers, make things more attractive, and make small changes that make your home work better for you. A small change like putting a donate bin inside your closet means you can organize effortlessly.
5. Succeed and celebrate. Choose a reward that makes you smile, like a snack, a walk around the block, or a conversation with a friend. Guilt-free, frequent celebrations for progress reinforce patterns in your brain that will make it more likely you'll organize more successfully.
Don't just settle for digging yourself out of a pile of clutter. Having a system helps you stay organized longer. Organizing becomes part of your lifestyle and not a chore.
Daily organizing mini-projects are posted every day in January at /HeartWorkOrg.com.
Join us on January 31, 2022 7pm (Eastern US time)- SORT and Succeed for with Clutter Control Strategies; Take Care of You in 2022 through Organizing. Free registration for Zoom event (https://haverfordlibrary.org/
Darla DeMorrow is a Certified Professional Organizer (CPO®) and founder of HeartWork Organizing, LLC, based in Wayne, PA. She is the author of several inspiring books on getting organized, including "Organizing Your Home with SORT and Succeed."
The National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO) was founded in 1985 as a nonprofit professional educational association for professional organizers. To find a productivity or organizing professional in your area, visit NAPO.net.