SHEUNG WAN, Hong Kong
- July 13, 2021
-- The new print reflects that the non-farm payrolls had consecutively risen for 6 months, and its growth this month is a staggering 850,000. Even the private payrolls have increased by 692,000, while the new jobless claims have dwindled, dropping more than expected to lowest levels since March of last year. These new data are what kept the market afloat, driving it higher to reach new records.
The Dow set a new record high since May 7, while NASDAQ reached a new intraday and closing high. The S&P kept its streak which currently is on its 7th
day of gains, setting another record level for itself. This is also S&P's longest winning streak since August of last year.
Friday's major movements are summarized as follow:
- NASDAQ Composite Index gained by 0.81% or 116.95 points and wrapped at 14,639.33.
- The S&P 500 Index went up by 0.75% or 32.51 points closing at 4,352.45.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average moved higher with 0.45% or 154.40 points gain, to end at 34,787.93.
Yields dropped after the news:
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield dropped by 0.0092 basis points to 0.2415.
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield moved down by 0.0369 basis points ending at 0.8573.
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield decreased by 0.0323 basis points closing 1.4289.
- U.S. 20 Year Treasury yield stepped down by 0.0206 basis points now at 1.9796.
- U.S. 30 Year Treasury yield lost 0.0210 basis point at 2.0444.
Metal gained while oil mixed:
- Gold moved up by $10.795 or 0.61% and is now at $1,787.450 per ounce.
- Silver increased by $0.43250 or 1.66% to $26.46450 an ounce.
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude is currently at $75.16 a barrel losing 0.09%.
- Brent Crude closed at $76.17 per barrel after increasing by 0.44%.
International currencies end up mixed, but mostly lower:
- Euro / USD = +0.00130 (0.11%) = 1.18620
- USD / Yen = -0.481 (0.43%) = 111.040
- GBP / USD = +0.0065 (0.47%) = 1.3826
- AUD / USD = +0.00558 (0.75%) = 0.75240
- USD / CAD = -0.01188 (0.95%) = 1.23210
For more latest news in US Stock Market you may also visit us at Invest Consulting Group Limited through our website https://investcgl.com/
or contact us via email.