"Making a difference in mining industry" celebrated in Mining Elites in Africa
By: Mining Elites in Africa
Not only focusing on the bottom line but also incorporating softer strategic goals clearly paid off, says Laura-Jane Cornish, Editor-in-Chief of Mining Review Africa, leading magazine and digital platform in the African mining industry and the annual edition of Mining Elites in Africa, which launched this week.
"This year Mining Elites in Africa chose to focus on mining companies who, through an extremely difficult time, have made a difference, for their own sustainability and on an even greater level, to the countries in which they operate and the economies they contribute to."
She adds: "some of the aspects that make this selection of mining projects and people stand out are also linked to the ESG principals of environment, social, and governance, which have become a driving factor for the mining industry."
A 128-page glossy edition available in print and electronic format, it features dozens of exclusive leadership profiles with industry pioneers and project updates.
Leaders making a difference
The following industry influencers on the continent, who are innovative in their leadership approaches and strategies to improve the greater mining and minerals value chains on a regional level, were chosen to be in the spotlight to share their vision:
– Errol Smart, MD, Orion Minerals
– Johan Ferreira, CEO, Khoemacau Copper Mining
– Steve Phiri, CEO, Royal Bafokeng Platinum
– Sébastien de Montessus, CEO, Endeavour Mining
– Nolitha Fakude, Chair, Women in Mining Leadership Forum & Chairperson, Anglo American South Africa
– Francis Gatare, CEO, Rwanda Mining, Petroleum and Gas Board
– Fortune Mojapelo, CEO, Bushveld Minerals
– Thuthula Balfour, Head of Health, Minerals Council South Africa
– Lindsay Linzer, Principal Consultant and Associate Partner, SRK Consulting SA
The 2021 edition of Mining Elites in Africa is available online on https://www.miningreview.com/
Worley, a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors, is the main sponsor of Mining Elites in Africa.
Other partners include AECI Mining Explosives, BME, Chemvulc, Consulmet, Council for Geoscience, Fluor, Fraser Alexander, Guardrisk, Invincible Valves, Knight Piésold, Loesche SA, METC Engineering, Orica, SRK Consulting SA, Wärtsilä and Weir Minerals Africa.
Mining Elites in Africa