News By Tag
News By Location
New Matric Certificate for adults on the way-it is called NASCA
The Department of Higher Education and Training as well as Umalusi will be introducing a new National Senior Certificate for Adult (NASCA) and it is expected to begin in 2021
The Department of Higher Education and Technology (DHET) will be introducing a new adult matric certificate called NASCA. It is expected to begin in June 2021. The new matric will see two previous curriculums-
NASCA stands for National Senior Certificate for Adults. It is a curriculum that has been developed by the quality assurer Umalusi and has been registered with SAQA in 2018 as National Certificate NQF level 4. The final exams for NASCA will be administered and monitored by DHET and quality assured by Umalusi.
Reasons for new curriculum
The has been short comings of the two curricula that were offered for adult learns which are Technical Matric N3 and Amended CAPS.
The new curriculum NASCA seeks to allow students to somehow cope with the demands of the curriculum at the same time meeting the quality standards of a national certificate.
The curriculum has the following important things:
• students need to pass a minimum of four subjects to obtain their matric certificate
• the pass mark for all the subjects is 50%. This might be a tall order for students bearing in mind that the acceptable high school pass for subjects other than languages like mathematics is 30%
• mathematics is compulsory
• one language is compulsory be it English or your home language
• the exams are offered once a year during mid-year (June)
Get more information of NASCA on: https://ekurhulenitech.co.za/
Read more here: https://mybroadband.co.za/
Ekurhuleni Technical College