Nigeria Mining Week's Digital Event: Showcasing the golden opportunities
By: Nigeria Mining Week
These range from highlighting the synergy between ministries contributing to the development of the mining industry and of the nation's economy as a whole, to finance, to powering the mines, to formalising artisanal mining and showcasing the different opportunities and success stories in a number of Nigerian States.
The online platform will also feature a who's who of expert speakers, headed up by Nigeria's Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Arc. Olamilekan Adegbite, amongst others. Also confirmed so far are:
• Hajia Fatima Shinkafi, Executive Secretary, Solid Mineral Development Fund (SMDF), Nigeria
• Obadiah Simon Nkom, Director General, Nigeria Mining Cadastre, Nigeria
• George Heppel, Senior Analyst Base, CRU International, United Kingdom
• Laide Gana, Director, Commodity Port Ltd, United Kingdom
• Ebipere Clark, Ag. Special Assistant (Energy) to the Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria
• Wandisile Mandlana, Partner, Bowmans, South Africa
• Kevin Joseph, MD, Nivek Mining, Nigeria
• Ibrahim A. Abdullahi, Special Adviser to the Governor, Nasarawa State, Nigeria
• Barbara Dischinger, Director, International Women in Mining, UK
• Frank Dixon Mugyenyi, Chairman, Board of Minerals Africa Development Institution, Uganda
"Minister Adegbite is a great supporter of the event and has given the digital move his seal of approval," says Sabrina Tab, Nigeria Mining Week's event manager. "The minister also has been true to his word and has participated in two of our live, topical webinars in the run-up to the Digital Event so far."
Digital Event – what to expect
"It is clear that the industry is eager to engage, ask questions, find solutions and close deals," says Sabrina Tab. "The Nigeria Mining Week Digital Event in October will offer five days of free, interactive content and engagement with an expected 2000 attendees."
The online platform will include nine webinar sessions, four technology shootouts, nine roundtables, a matchmaking platform and an exclusive interview series with key stakeholders from the mining industry. Some 30 sponsors and exhibitors will participate, proving that Nigeria's mining sector is becoming a key destination, not only for investment but for local and international industry suppliers of specialised services and technology.
The full programme and speakers can be viewed on the event website: https://www.nigeriaminingweek.com/
Nigeria Mining Week