Elite Capital International: Major Stocks in the U.S. jumps up while Dollar and treasuries sank
Senate GOP leaders and senior administration officials in the government are setting up a new recovery bill to help ease the economy. With the said news, stocks quiet closed market optimistically.
However, yields on the treasuries didn't rise a bit even data shows inflation was slightly higher than expected. The U.S. consumer price index jumps up by 0.6% last June instead 0.5% which was expected.
Here are the main movements in the Stock Market this Wednesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumps up by 2.1% to 26,642.59, its highest yet in two week.
- The Nasdaq Composite Index strengthened by 0.9% to 10,488.58; erasing most of its loss on yesterday's trading session.
- The S&P 500 Index advanced 1.3% to 3,197.52 as market closed 4:05 p.m. New York time.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note fell 2 basis points to 0.611%
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond also dropped 4 basis points to 1.292%.
- The yield on two-year Treasuries gained one basis point to 0.155%.
- Germany's 10-year yield fell three basis points to -0.45%, the biggest drop in more than a week.
- Gold climbed up with 0.32% or $5.79 change to $1,808.69 an ounce.
- Silver also gained 0.98% with $0.19 change to $19.30 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jumps quite a few points by 0.47% to $40.29 per barrel.
- Brent crude strengthened with 0.42% to $42.90 a barrel.
- U.S. Dollor Currency Index (DXY) dipped by 0.02% to $96.21 per share.
- The euro advanced 0.4% to $1.1391it's strongest yet in more than four months.
- The Japanese yen got a few changes at 107.28 per dollar.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited