What is PMP Certification Process-Careerera
The project management professional certification, governed by the Project management Institute, allows candidates the scope to become excellent Project managers.
• For Project management professional certification, first the candidate must ensure that they fall under the eligibility criteria, proposed by Project management institute.
• Once you have the prerequisites needed to do the project management professional certification, then you can go and enrol for a PMP training with any training provider.
• The training session will prepare you for the examination as well as you will gather all the necessary skills required in order to execute Project management methodologies with the teams handling projects.
• After completing the training classes, you can register for the Project Management Professional examination. Select a venue and the date to take the exam. Book your slot.
• Finally take the PMP exam and get the required score in order to get the certification.
Once you achieve the desired result, a Project management professional certificate will be awarded to you that will validate your project management skills and knowledge.
However, the eligibility criteria plays a crucial role in the whole certification process as far as Project management is concerned. The eligibility criteria says that if an individual has a secondary degree then he/she should fulfill the following:
• 35 professional development units.
• 7500 hours experience in leading and directing projects.
• 5 years/60 months Project management experience.
In case a candidate has completed a four year bachelor's degree or any other global equivalent then he/she should fulfill the following requirements:
• 35 professional development units (PDUs).
• 4500 hours experience in leading and directing projects.
• 3 years/36 months Project management experience.
These are the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the pmp certification process.