Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
TreaZon - I Shouldn't Be Alive (Album)
By: Zero Love Records
"I was in the hospital the day after she was born, and the show 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' came on," he says, referring to the show where survivors explain how they narrowly escaped various life-threatening situations "It felt like a message to me—like my daughter saved me."
Later that same year, TreaZon was dealing with a lot of personal strife that came to head with so-called friends who turned on him. He explains that it felt like they tried to "kill" him in a figurative way, and it was with that and his daughter's birth that I Shouldn't Be Alive found its meaning. It's one that chronicles triumph in the face of adversity through the lens of a supremely gifted lyricist and emcee, who also happens to have a stellar ear for production.
There's a palpable sense of urgency to TreaZon's bars on standout cuts like "Reason," "Sleeve," and "Alive" that goes beyond his blistering delivery. These are anthems for anyone looking to stay true to themselves as they cut toxic people out of their lives. There's also absolute bangers thanks to the production from L. Williams Beats, Ashotz Beats, and Superstaar Beats, respectively.
But I Shouldn't Be Alive is more than just massive beats and fired-up rhymes, and there's a good reason for that. With this LP, TreaZon wanted to let his guard down, which is why a much more personal track like "Tonight" is one of his favorites on the record. In that vein, there's also the moodier "Before My Eyes" and "L2N," both of which deal with familial challenges and victories. The 16 track LP is TreaZon's best release to date, and it sounds like he's only just getting started.
01. Bail (prod. by Blasian Beats)
02. Victim (prod. by SoSpecial Beats)
03. Reruns (prod. by L. Williams Beats)
04. Sleeve (prod. by Ashot Beatz)
05. Alive (prod. by Superstaar Beats)
06. Tonight (prod. by Royce Dior Beats)
07. Paranoia Pt. 2 (prod. by Wxlfstealth)
08. Demon Slayer (prod. by Trumaine Beats)
09. Reason (prod. by L. Williams Beats)
10. Black Ops (feat. Will Tesla & Desanto) [prod. by SoSpecial Beats]
11. Give & Take (prod. by Oh Genius)
12. Set You Free (prod. by L. Williams Beats)
13. Before My Eyes (feat. Oh Genius) [prod. by Oh Genius]
14. L2N (prod. L by Williams Beats)
15. Thrill (prod. by Oh Genius)
16. Ending Theme (prod. by Origamibeats)
Smart URL: https://smarturl.it/