Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY Unveils Seventh Edition Official Selection
*6 narrative features, 10 documentary films, 20 shorts
*60% women and minority directed films
*Spotlight on effects of Climate Change on Women - panel at CSW
By: SR Socially Relevant Film Festival, Inc
The Official Selection covers a diverse mix of six narrative features, 10 documentaries, over 20 shorts, and more. There will also be a script-writing contest with readings from finalist scripts. Visit www.ratedsrfilms.org for full slate and film details. The schedule will be published soon.
The selected narrative feature films are:
• ANTIGONE by Sophie Deraspe (Canada) Official Submission to the Oscars.
• BUTTER by Paul A. Kaufman (USA)
• FOSTER BOY by Youssef Delara (USA)
• GOOD MORNING by Bahij Hojeij (Lebanon)
• LORIK by Alexei Zlobin (Armenia)
• TRANSFERENCE by Raffaello Degruttola (UK)
The selected documentary features are:
• A Call for Peace by Juan C Borrero - Melodie Carli (USA- Columbia, Ireland, UK)
• Birth Wars by Janet Jarman (Mexico)
• Can't Stop the Sun from Shining by Teresa Mular (USA)
• Inside/Outside by Nandini Sikand (USA)
• Microplastic Madness by Atsuko Quirk, Debby Lee Cohen (USA)
• Mother of Tibetans by Niklas Goslar (Germany - India, Poland)
• Potluck: The Altered State of Colorado by Jane Wells (USA)
• Stonewall with a T by Samy Nemir Olivares (USA)
• Tell My Story by David Freid (USA)
• Undermined: Tales from the Kimberley by Nicholas Wrathall (Australia)
Themes for selected short film groupings include:
• Across the Border, Mental Health, Climate Change, Women & #MeToo, Indigenous Peoples' Rights, Food Justice, Middle East Peace, LGBTQ Rights, Workers' Rights
Friday March 13, features a Parallel event at NGO CSW at the United Nations with a selection of short films on Climate: Violence and the Environment:
Follow this link for a list of all Official Selection film images and posters.
SR Socially Relevant ™ Film Festival New York is a 501(c)3 non-profit film festival founded by actress Nora Armani. The Mission of the SR Film Festival is to shine the spotlight on filmmakers who tell compelling, socially relevant™, human interest stories, across a broad range of social issues. The festival was created as a response to the proliferation of violence and violent forms of storytelling in media and entertainment. SR™ believes in the power of cinema in raising awareness towards social issues and promoting positive social change. During its first six years, the festival showcased 350 films from 35 countries. Submissions are received from all over the world.
For further information and screeners to preview contact the festival at ratedsrfilms@