RiskSkill Attends WebShield's RiskConnect Conference 2019 in Warsaw
Over the 19th and 20th November, Web Shield hosted some 250 risk practitioners from across Europe and many from further afield.
There was a superb group of presenters at the event, who rewarded the audience with powerful presentations;
- Keynote presenters from Suddeutsche Zeitung (Obermayer and Obermaier - who were the original 'Panama Papers' 2017 pulitzer-prize winners) who signed copies of their book at the conference.
- Mastercard and Visa executives who presented their visions and key changes to global chargeback and fraud rules.
- USA-based; Better Business Bureau: on the extent of global Deceptive Marketing Practices (also the title of a new publication from our hosts at Web Shield)
- G2A.com and the Belgian Gaming Commission: who presented massively engagingly upon loot boxes.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police talking about significant investigations into malpractice
- Deloitte and Deloitte RegTech Lab, MarketScape, Nethone, Bankingblocks, Ethoca and Crystal Blockchain all produced extraordinary presentations about current, interesting and informative topics, as did great people from Web Shield too - who also announced the launch of its multi-language training academy courses on risk management.
Fuller agenda and details on the event can be found on the Web Shield / RiskConnect website.
Bill Trueman from Riskskill (http://www.riskskill.com/
Kevin Smith moderated a panel discussion on Day-2 on the thorny topic of deceptive marketing. The panel comprised Steve Baker (Better Business Bureau), Kyle Smith (Ethoca) and Iveta Korenciakova and Chris West (Bankingblocks)
Christian Chmiel chaired the event in his usual calm, confident and professional manner. The common theme remains industry collaboration in what is becoming an ever complex and diverse environment.