Thousands of Students Set to Learn about Modern Manufacturing with Support of The Center
Occurring on the first Friday in October, Manufacturing Day is an international celebration designed to show the public modern manufacturing in action and inspire the next generation of skilled workers.
Started in 2012, Manufacturing Day has seen participation grow dramatically over the years. For the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center, it's an opportunity to join with other organizations and introduce innovative, dynamic manufacturers to school students.
"Our mission is based on serving our state's small and medium-sized manufacturers so they can succeed in an ever-changing business environment,"
Specific activities include:
· In southeast Michigan, The Center's involvement includes working with the Livonia Chamber of Commerce and Schoolcraft College to enable 700+ students, teachers and chaperones from 10 schools to tour 10 manufacturers.
· In Grand Rapids, The Center is supporting "Discover Manufacturing,"
· In Northeast Michigan, approximately 15,000 students will attend Career Quest and visit companies hosting an open house.
· Across a five-county region in the northern lower peninsula, The Center will partner with the Manufacturing Council for 1,500 students to tour manufacturing facilities.
· Additionally, in the Upper Peninsula, three events will be held across the territory, targeting 850 freshmen students.
The Center is an organization dedicated to supporting Michigan manufacturers to work smarter, to compete and to prosper. The Center offers personalized services to meet the needs of clients in virtually every aspect of their businesses.
The Center is affiliated with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and is the official Michigan representative of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP National Network), a unique public-private partnership that delivers comprehensive, proven solutions to U.S. manufacturers, fueling growth and advancing U.S. manufacturing. The Center also is closely affiliated with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) with the shared goal of making Michigan businesses vibrant, driving GDP growth, and creating new and lasting jobs. Visit https://the-