Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
Corfu villas attract holidaymakers from all over the world, but how can you be sure your luxury villa in Corfu is everything you dreamed it would be?
You've done your research, it's on your bucket list, you've had great recommendations, or you've been before, whatever your reasons are, you've come to the decision that Corfu is the perfect destination for your next holiday. Your next step is deciding where to stay (and unless you are 'holiday returners' ) booking one of the abundant picture-perfect Corfu villas is a wise decision.
Finding the right luxury villa in Corfu could make or break your holiday. Although nothing could spoil the beauty of the island, you do need your villa to be at the very least what you signed up to, ideally, it should be everything you hoped for and more.
The top 5 tips on booking perfect Corfu villas:
1) What are your Corfu villas must haves? Easy access to the beach, close to amenities, centrally located to several important places you wish to visit?
Utilise Apple maps / Google satellite and see exactly where each Corfu villas are located.
2) How many people are in your group, how many rooms do you need? Read carefully 'sleeps 10' may be a pull-out bed in the living room.
3) Can you talk directly with the owner? Luxury villas in Corfu are commonly privately owned, which means you will be staying their pride and joy. They will want to make sure you get the most out of your holiday and will love their villa too. Talk with them, read testimonials, they will be a fountain of local knowledge and will be able to give you suggestions of places to visit and restaurants and taverners to try.
4) Car hire, have you driven in Corfu before? Do you want to collect your car from the airport or delivered to your villa so you can arrive stress-free?
5) Are there any additional fees to what is in the booking fee? Does the villa have a private pool, jacuzzi, BBQ etc, do you need staff during your holiday, additional housekeeping, chef, chauffeur?
Your holiday is likely to be a year in the making, and unlike the weather, you are in control of choosing your holiday villa from all of the available Corfu villas.