"Kooloco", the Swiss start-up that wants to revolutionize sports adventures, is launching!
It was during a surf trip in the Philippines in 2016 that the idea of such a platform was born, while the project founders, Romain Magnin and Marc-Antoine Burgener, encountered difficulties in finding a guide capable of discovering the best waves on the island, away from the tourist crowds. "We lost a lot of time and energy in finding the perfect local expert. However, the quality and success of such an expedition relies mainly on the professionalism of the guide," explains Romain, currently CEO of Kooloco.
Facing this problem, the entrepreneurs then devised a solution that would benefit all sports adventurers. With family or friends, Kooloco offers its users unique and authentic experiences over one or more days, all guided by the best local experts.
Following the launch, the ambitious project made a promising start: with more than 300 service providers registered on the platform, for more than 500 listed adventures, Kooloco demonstrates its ability to meet the strong need of the Millennials. Happy to see such a success, Romain explains the vision of the start-up: "We are subject to strong demand from service providers. Nevertheless, our mission is to offer only authentic sports adventures, thus guaranteeing our users that they do not fall into any kind of tourist traps. We therefore carry out an important selection process to only list adventures that meet our quality criteria.
Key facts and figures
• Application available for download on iOS and Android
• More than 300 service providers registered on the platform
• More than 500 adventures listed in Switzerland and around the world
• Prices from CHF 30.00.- for one day to CHF 5'000.00.- for 10 days of adventure
• The median price of an adventure is CHF 420.00.- per person
Among the Kooloco adventures, you will find in particular:
• A bivouac "in the centre of the Earth" in Leysin, Switzerland
• A Yoga hike in les Mosses, Switzerland
• A survival camp in natural environments in the French Jura, France
• A trail to carry out the great crossing of the Alps, From Switzerland to South France
Since July 1st,2019 it has been possible to book new exciting adventures in Switzerland and around the world directly from the palm of your hand, these adventures are available now on the website (https://www.kooloco.com/) and the free mobile application on iOS & Android (https://koolocoappref.page.link/
To celebrate the launch of its application, Kooloco is now offering 10 free adventures. The start-up will draw 10 winners among the new users who have registered on the platform before July 15, 2019.
Page Updated Last on: Jul 02, 2019