OrionX Cryptocurrency Outlook for 2019 Sees Growth in Adoption and Potential for Greater Stability
New Blockchain Constellation™ Research Report Provides a Comprehensive Review and Looks Ahead at the Emerging Crypto-Economy
For a number of years, OrionX has been tracking the relevant technologies, policy implications, and business impact of Blockchain/crypto, and continues to see it as a very important industry trend.
"Building on the context given by our 2018 prediction, Cryptocurrency Outlook 2019 looks at the crypto and blockchain landscape after a tumultuous 2018, examining the expected impact of additional use cases for enterprise blockchains, the involvement of banks, the entrance of social media platforms, and new developments like cryptocurrency phones," said Dr. Stephen Perrenod, OrionX Partner and Analyst. "The market may have positioned itself for greater stability, with security tokens edging aside initial coin offerings, and the Lightning Network and other second layer solutions bringing more scalability and usability to Bitcoin and other coins."
The paper provides a detailed look at how cryptocurrency continues to evolve, with special attention paid to the key takeaways & predictions below:
• In the Great Crypto Crash of 2018, Ethereum fell harder than Bitcoin in percentage terms.
• Schnorr signatures are the next big thing for Bitcoin and will provide provable security and non-malleability and also provide the building block for multi-signature and smart contract capability.
• The Lightning Network, a second layer payments solution, was the biggest development for Bitcoin and perhaps cryptocurrencies in general during 2018.
• Big banks are now jumping in to the game. Several banks are issuing their own stable coins, tied to the US dollar or Japanese yen. Like other stablecoins, these are centralized solutions built on permissioned blockchains.
• The Enterprise Blockchain race is on, with IBM in the lead, and Microsoft, Oracle and Fujitsu not far behind. Alibaba, Baidu, Huawei and Tencent are all entering the Blockchain-as-
• Cryptocurrency phones are a big potential leap forward in the user interface. The big name that has entered the space is Samsung, with their Galaxy S10 that supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Enjin.
• The market may have positioned itself for greater stability, with security tokens edging aside initial coin offerings, and the Lightning Network and other second layer solutions bringing more scalability and usability to Bitcoin and other coins.
The OrionX Constellation™
The report is freely downloadable at OrionX.net/research (http://www.orionx.net/
OrionX is a Silicon Valley firm with a new model that combines technology research, market execution, and customer engagement. More than 60 technology leaders in virtually every technology segment have trusted OrionX to help set new break-away strategies, ignite brands, and grow market share. Visit us at OrionX.net.
* Note: This effort is an analysis of the technologies and trends surrounding blockchain and cryptocurrencies. It is not, and must not be considered as, financial, investment, or legal advice.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 23, 2019