Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
IP2Proxy™: New Proxy Type Added In Proxy Detection Database
Introducing New Search Engine Robots in IP2Proxy™ Proxy Type
Proxies are increasingly common way to surf the web in recent years and are always related to unauthorized activities like online credit card fraud, forums and blogs spamming, accessing certain websites outside certain countries and so on. This explains why merchants and business owners are actively seek to implement a policy of blocking all visitors who hide behind a proxy IP.
In this new IP2Proxy™ proxy detection database, you'll be able to detect if an IP address is a proxy as well as details such as proxy types and geolocation information. It contains a list of IP addresses which are being used as VPN anonymizer, Tor nodes, open proxies, web proxies and data center ranges. In the latest update, you can detect if the IP address belongs to one of the common search engine robots such as Googlebot, Bingbot, etc.
All proxy types supported:
• VPN: Anonymizing VPN services. These services offer users a publicly accessible VPN for the purpose of hiding their IP address.
• TOR: Tor Exit Nodes. The Tor Project is an open network used by those who wish to maintain anonymity.
• DCH: Hosting Provider, Data Center or Content Delivery Network. Since hosting providers and data centers can serve to provide anonymity, the Anonymous IP database flags IP addresses associated with them.
• PUB: Public Proxies. These are services which make connection requests on a user's behalf. Proxy server software can be configured by the administrator to listen on some specified port. These differ from VPNs in that the proxies usually have limited functions compared to VPNs.
• WEB: Web Proxies. These are web services which make web requests on a user's behalf. These differ from VPNs or Public Proxies in that they are simple web-based proxies rather than operating at the IP address and other ports level.
• [*NEW*] SES: Search engine robots. These are search engine spiders or BOT engines that crawl or scrape a website.
Founded in 2001, IP2Location.com provides Internet infrastructure intelligence services to online businesses. IP2Location.com's products provide the geographical location of Web site visitors in real-time, enabling businesses to display localized content, enable bandwidth balancing, improve click-through, improve sales, prevent fraud, conduct site analysis and foster regulatory compliance. With over 500 industry leading customers, IP2Location.com is the geolocation market leader.
The company can be reached by email at email@example.com and on the Web at https://www.ip2location.com.