Florida Family Mediator Matthew Brickman Explains The 2019 Alimony Reform Bill
In a recent video update, Matthew Brickman provided a detailed explanation of all eighteen key components of the new 2019 Alimony Reform Bill.
Matthew Brickman listed the new proposals for the eighteen key components to the Alimony Reform Bill as follows:
1. Durational alimony: term limited to 50% of the length of the marriage.
2. Elimination of the standard of living maintenance provision found in the current statute.
3. Alimony payers allowed to retire at normal retirement age for their profession which will end their obligation.
4. Annual income consideration is capped and indexed for inflation at the time of the award of $300,000.
5. Alimony obligation limited to 30% of income differential between the parties.
6. Divorce attorney will be capped at 8% of the combined net worth of the parties.
The other twelve major components are detailed in the video below:
"Life Sentence - Florida's Alimony Problem Documentary"
The Florida Family Law Reform PAC is a Florida state registered political action committee (PAC), and consists of a statewide group of individuals who work collaboratively to promote family law reform. The PAC is an all-volunteer organization, with no member of the PAC taking a salary or any other form of compensation.
About Matthew Brickman:
Matthew Brickman has been certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a county civil family mediator who has worked in the 15th and 19th Judicial Circuit Courts since 2009 and 2006 respectively. He is also an appellate certified mediator who has mediated a variety of small claims, civil, and family cases that number in the hundreds. Read his Customer Reviews.
If you are a law firm and wish to schedule your mediation you can use this form to schedule your mediation online: Law Firm Scheduler
If you are an individual and wish to schedule your mediation you can use this form to schedule your mediation online: Individual Mediation Scheduler
iChatMediation - Family Mediation Services, 2915 Tuscany Court, Suite 105, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 (877) 822-1479