Alta Tech Ltd: Graphene Graphene
Graphene Researchers at AltaTech Ltd have been working on a myriad of applications for a substance they believe will have profound implications for the world and will bring about technical revolutions in a multitude of sectors.
Graphene has shown great promise for a variety of applications, but for many suggested uses the material requires treatments that can be expensive and difficult to apply predictably. Luckily our research team has found a simple, inexpensive treatment that may help to unleash the material's potential. The new processing approach is very exciting, because it opens up the design space for many applications and more affordable mass production implementation in different fields. The amazing properties of Graphene, carbon sheets that are only one atom thick called the attention of AltaTech researchers and many companies around the globe to consider using this material in several fields.
The following survey of research activity introduces you to many potential applications of Graphene and explains why Graphene is the new wonder material that could change the world.
• Lower cost of display touchscreens in mobile devices.
• Lower cost fuel cells.
• Lightweight natural gas tanks.
• Transistors that operate at higher frequency.
• Sensors to diagnose diseases.
• Components with higher strength to weight ratios.
• Wireless terabyte uploads using graphene antenna.
• Storing hydrogen for fuel cell powered cars.
• Lithium-ion batteries that recharge faster.
• More efficient dye sensitized solar cells.
• Membranes for more efficient separation of gases.
• Chemical sensors effective at detecting explosives.
• Low cost water desalination.
These are only some of the current studies stating the potential uses of this wonder material, and doesn't even scratch the surface at the capabilities of graphene. Could this be a material that could change the way we live? Will there be a time where we will wonder how we ever lived without Graphene? One thing is for sure, Graphene is here to stay.