Suwanee Congregations Offer Free Family History Resources to the Community
Three (3) Congregations Invite Their Neighbors to Learn How to Research & Preserve Their Family's History for Free Using FamilySearch
FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations. The organization believes that the purpose of life is all about families.
Becky Van Dyke, Director of the Sugar Hill Family History Center (FHC) says, "Learning more about my ancestors and feeling a connection to them bring joy and meaning to my life. I enjoy helping others find family connections and feel the joy of family."
FamilySearch provides service to all at no cost. It has 4 Billion+ names from all over the world with 4,745 Family History Centers worldwide and offers expert phone support 24/7 without charge.
The Sugar Hill FHC is located at the Sugar Hill Stake Center. Most people in the Suwanee - Sugar Hill area do not know about this complimentary resource to the community. It offers access to premium family history research websites without paying for a subscription fee.
Below is a sample list of the many premium websites available at the Sugar Hill FHC:
• Ancestry.com provides access to thousands of collections of records from around the world.
• ArkivDigital.net is the largest private provider of Swedish Church Records and other historical records online.
• FindMyPast.org makes it easy to research UK ancestry by searching census, births, marriages & death records online.
• Fold3.com has millions of historical documents and photos from the best online collection of military records and stories.
• Geneanet.org provides dedicated genealogical records from France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden & Germany.
The Sugar Hill FHC is open Tuesdays (10 AM - 2 PM & 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM), Wednesdays (7 PM - 8:30 PM), Thursdays (10 AM - 2 PM) & Sundays (2:30 PM - 5 PM).
After attending a short presentation about how to connect generations through FamilySearch, North Gwinnett High School students can apply or renew their parking permit to park for free at the Church parking lot for the remainder of the school year. Visit http://www.familysearch.org to learn how to create a family tree online for free and connect families from one generation to the next.
Page Updated Last on: Jan 07, 2019