Online Dispute Resolution or ODR Being Hailed as the Future of Justice
ODR has introduced a technological shift to dispute resolution helped by progress in the speed and efficacy of online internet communications. One Florida family law dispute specialist leads the charge.
By: iMediate Inc.
One Florida family law mediator has been using ODR for several years now with great success. Hear his comments in the video below:
As Matthew Brickman of iMediate Inc. explains, through the brand iChatMediation.com he utilizes online dispute resolution to bring the parties in any mediation, arbitration, and negotiation into a virtual environment via iChat using a customized Cisco's WebEx communication platform proprietary to the company.
The advantages are clear:
1. Cost – ODR is often less expensive than traditional litigation/legal process.
2. Efficiency – ODR can resolve a dispute much faster than waiting for court dates.
3. Participation and Control – The parties using Online Dispute Resolution have more control of the outcome of the dispute than they would in court.
4. Flexibility – The parties using Online Dispute Resolution can work together for a more flexible outcome.
5. Location and Logistics – Since the environment is virtual, Online Dispute Resolution allows parties to settle their dispute from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
About Matthew Brickman:
Matthew Brickman has been certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a county civil family mediator who has worked in the 15th and 19th Judicial Circuit Courts since 2009 and 2006 respectively. He is also an appellate certified mediator who has mediated a variety of small claims, civil, and family cases that number in the hundreds. Read his Customer Reviews.
If you are a law firm and wish to schedule your mediation you can use this form to schedule your mediation online: Law Firm Scheduler
If you are an individual and wish to schedule your mediation you can use this form to schedule your mediation online: Individual Mediation Scheduler
iChatMediation - Family Mediation Services, 2915 Tuscany Court, Suite 105, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 (877) 822-1479
Connect via Facebook