Ending Hunger and Poverty Through Random Acts of Kindness A Joshua's Heart Foundation Thanksgiving Tradition
260 families gathered at the North Miami Church of God as the young food warriors of Joshua's Heart, led by Junior Advisory Board, Vice Chair, Emily Sanudo, distributed groceries and personal items at their traditional Thanksgiving food giveaway.
By: Joshua's Heart Foundation
Leaders emerged in the form of new chairs, vice chairs and other notable positions who worked together to make this event a continued success. Vice Chair, Emily Sanudo who shows her passion for service, led the charge to execute this annual event without a snag.
With a formidable supporting cast of donors, who made this event flourish, Emily and the foundation would like to acknowledge and thank the following supporters:
· Contributions from Local10 Day of Giving
· Can goods, vegetables and produce from Joshua's Heart Food Pantry
· The Vaughn Family and the Jorge Luis Lopez Law Firm, both made monetary contributions
· Jeanie Oliva and her family business the Oliva Cigar Company who donated turkeys, along with bags of both rice and beans
· Cecilia Sosa and Miriam Wong, both donated boxes of macaroni and cheese
· Barlop Business Systems who donated boxes of mashed potatoes
· Volunteers from Our Lady of Lourdes Key Club Students, Ronald Reagan HS Shape Club and always the dedicated members of the JHF Junior Advisory Board (JAB) who gave of their time or treasure.
"The generosity of time and treasure from our donors and volunteers is paramount in helping make our mission to care for the less fortunate a success," said Sanudo. "We could not do it all and make plans for future events without their support," she concluded.
Joshua's Heart Foundation prides itself in being a youth led and run organization whose mission is to stomp out world hunger and end poverty. Theirs is one of the few that allow volunteers under the age of 18 to participate in programs and distributions that make a difference in uplifting the lives of the millions they have served throughout the years. The organization and its founder are encouraged by the commitment it has seen by the young people who run the company and serve as leaders and influencers for their peers. With well over 25,000 volunteers passing through its halls over time, young people who have a calling to serve and make a difference can find a home within the halls of Joshua's Heart. Those interested in volunteering can visit www.joshuasheart.org and contact them at volunteer@joshua'sheart.org.
Joshua's Heart Foundation (JHF) was founded in 2005 in Miami, Florida by Joshua when he was four and a half years old and is dedicated to the fight against global hunger and poverty. JHF is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit, which empowers needy people to improve their quality of life by providing necessities like groceries and personal items. We also effectively engage and educate young people in committing to fight hunger and poverty on a global basis. For more information visit www.joshuasheart.org.
A Better Concept PR
Page Updated Last on: Nov 28, 2018