The GSCPA hosts AICPA's Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp, Tom Tillery Instructor
Thomas N Tillery, CFP®, AEP®,CLU®, ChFC®, CRPC®, LUTCF Vice President/Chief Compliance Officer of Paraklete® Financial, Inc. teaches the AICPA Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp sponsored by the Georgia Society of CPAs November 5-7, 2018
This class is an informative and highly engaging review of all personal financial planning (PFP) topics including tax, estate, retirement, investment, insurance/risk-
Attendees will participate in a complete review of all topics that relate to personal financial planning, dispelling perceptions that it primarily deals with managing and selling investment and insurance products. This knowledge will help participants become more successful at assisting their clients to navigate personal financial decisions.
Major Topics Include:
· Gift, estate, and generation skipping tax strategies and techniques
· The estate planning process and documents needed
· Retirement needs analysis, tax-deferred retirement options, and employee and government benefit programs
· Investment basics and concepts critical to client discussions
· Risk management concepts and the role various type of insurance play in the overall financial plan
· The integration of taxation of individuals and businesses with each of these major areas of financial planning
· The financial planning process and the CPA's professional responsibilities and the Statement on Standards in PFP Services
· How to use the financial calculator to answer client questions
Tom is Vice President of Paraklete® Financial, Inc. Paraklete® provides integrated fee-for-service financial planning without asset management or product sales. The firm acts as An Advocate in Financial Services® for its clients with a disciplined focus on independence and objectivity. Tom is also a co-founder of Financial Planning Advocate, LLC, a provider of continuing education for CPAs, financial advisers, universities and colleges.
Tom earned a M.S. in Financial Services from The American College and an M.A. in Education from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is an active member of AICPA (Non-CPA Associate), the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Tom is co-author of Essentials of Personal Financial Planning, a textbook used by colleges and universities, published in February, 2017. Tom is a frequent speaker and writer on all topics relating to personal financial planning. He has written personal financial planning curriculum for several universities and on-line providers. Tom and his family reside in Kennesaw, Georgia.
Susan M. Tillery