How SID Limited aims to bring free internet access to more people around the globe
By: SID Limited
Many people mistakenly assume that access to the Internet is available to everyone, everywhere and all the time, but with a little research, we see that 20% of the European population does not have regular access to the Internet. More than 50% of the Asian population and 65% of the African does not either. In summary, more than half of the world's population, that's to say, more than 4Billion people, don't have Internet access, according to the World Economic Forum´s report of 2016.
Governments and operators made enormous efforts to provide internet coverage and better infrastructure, but it is clear that the ones to enjoy these networks are those that can afford to pay for such connectivity continuously.
But, what about those who cannot afford to pay? Do we deny them access to the greatest accumulation of knowledge, education and opportunities in the history of humanity available on the internet? Will they have to wait for them to prosper so that they can afford a regular monthly internet connection in the future?
For that we created SID, a freemium platform accessed trough our App that essentially offers its users to connect to a nearby internet access points, and share a smartphone internet connection with other nearby SID users.
Here are 5 reasons why I think you should download the SID app and tell everyone to do so too:
1. - Because you will be helping to grow a global network in this sharing economy adding to it sharing internet.
2. - Because you favor that everyone is allowed to access to culture, knowledge and opportunities for everyone, meaning also to those less fortunate.
3. - Because you can share Wi-Fi or Mobile internet with others.
4. - Because SID is already in use in many countries around the globe. Also, our technology is embedded, through our R&D center Frinwo S.L., inside the Dunkin Coffee app, nationwide in Spain.
5. - Because SID has an experienced team with the enthusiasm, the will and desire to expand our company mission.
You can be part of this project by simply downloading our SID App from our website. SID aims to use the Stellar blockchain to allow future users to trade and "Share Internet Data" (SID) with others. SID is proud to be backed by "LDJ Cayman Fund Ltd". To ensure value creation and fair competition, the core technology of SID is protected by intellectual property rights.
More info on our website: www.ShareInternetData.io
Jose Merino, Chairman of SID Limited.