News By Tag
News By Place
NEWS: Salzburgerland 2018/19 Winter Season
For winter sports holidays and short breaks, SalzburgerLand works on every level. Ski, boarding and après-ski are complemented by Spa, culinary treats, cultural treasures, and winter walking. Flights to Salzburg are a maximum of 2 hours from UK airports; transfer to the resorts, ½-hour to 2 hours.
Comprising 5 major resort areas - Gastein, Obertauern, Saalbach, Sportwelt/Hochkö
The SalzburgerLand region has 5 new high-speed lifts, a new piste, extended underground parking facilities and a new hotel resort for the 2018/19 winter season. In more detail:
• After a 2-year construction programme, the Schlossalmbahn is now a 10-person gondola connecting the Gastein Valley directly to the top of the Schlossalm. The base station in Bad Hofgastein has relocated to the far side of the main road, passenger capacity has more than doubled to 3000/hr and access to the Schlossalm ski area linked to the Angertal and Stubnerkogel areas is faster and more efficient. The new top station is higher, providing direct access to 3 pistes – Schlossalm, Kleine Scharte and Haitzingalm, each offering a thrilling 1200 vertical metre descent. Opens December 1 – www.gastein.com
• At Hochkönig, the new 10-person Sonnberg gondola ferries 2000 people/hr in 4 minutes from the Abergbahn valley station to the top of the Natrun lift which has itself been replaced by a new 10-person gondola. Together these new lifts create a direct link from Maria Alm to the Königstour circuit - a seamless 35km/7500m vertical metres tour via six peaks. The new Sonnberg lift comes with an piste and a ski bridge over the motorway. The resort's reservoir capacity has been increased for extended snowmaking. www.hochkoenig.at
• The new 8-seater high-speed Asitzmuldenbahn (heated seats, bubble cover, automatic closing bars) in Leogang replaces the old 6-seater lift. The improvement increases capacity to 3,500/hr, making the Skicircus area linking Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Leogang and Fieberbrunn even more accessible. Opens November 2018 - www.saalfelden-
• The Kohlmaisbahn – a new state-of-the-
• In the charming Grossarl Valley, the Edelweiss Salzburg Mountain Resort re-opens on December 6th after a major construction project. New facilities include a relaxation room and gymnasium with natural light and Techno-
• A new 10-person gondola, carrying 2800 passengers in 12 minutes from Kaprun to Maiskogel (1570m), completes the first stage of the 81.5 million euro K-onnection (Kaprun-Maiskogel-
SalzburgerLand Facts and Figures:
• Area : a total of 2700km of pistes and extensive off-piste areas to explore with local guides.
• Access : Salzburg Airport, direct flights from London and major UK airports, under 2 hours flying time. Good rail infrastructure, direct rail links to many key resorts in an hour.
• Salzburg Super Ski Card www.superskicard.com : 2750km of pistes across 23 ski regions. Prices from €264 per adult x 6 days, €433 per adult x 13 days.
• Ski Amade www.skiamade.com : 760km of pistes and 270 lifts over 5 regions/28 resorts, 4 in SalzburgerLand (Salzburger Sportwelt, Gastein, Grossarl, Hochkönig) and one in neighbouring Styria (Schladming Dachstein). Prices from €147 per adult x 3 days, €248 per adult x 6 days.
• Skicircus : 240km of pistes linking Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Leogang and Fieberbrunn
For more information/