Charmed, Sons of Anarchy Q&As, Cosplay, Creative Panels Highlight Wizard World Tulsa Programming
'Women of Pop Culture,' Billy Boyd Q&A's, Disney Trivia, Creator Panels, Costume Contests, 'Ghostbusters'-Themed Activities, Cosplay Sessions All Weekend Long At Cox Business Center, Friday Through Sunday
By: Wizard World
'Women of Pop Culture,' Billy Boyd Q&A's, Disney Trivia, Creator Panels, Costume Contests, 'Ghostbusters'-
Q&A sessions with stars of "Charmed" (Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause and Drew Fuller), "The Magicians" (Hale Appleman and Jason Ralph), "Sons of Anarchy" (Ron Perlman and Ryan Hurst), anime, video games, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, a series of "Ghostbusters"-
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
· Interactive group Q&As with the casts of "Charmed" (Sunday, 11:15 a.m.), "The Magicians" (Sunday, 12:30 p.m.), "Sons of Anarchy" (Saturday, 3:30 p.m) and the "Women of Pop Culture" Combs and Charisma Carpenter ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Saturday, 2:30 p.m.)
· "Back to the Shire," a conversation with The Lord of the Rings star Billy Boyd ("Pippin Took")
· Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year), moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
· An array of Ghostbuster-
· Creator sessions with industry superstars Genese Davis, Alex Wer, Dr. Travis Langley, Jack Burgos, Mostafa Moussa, Sabrina A. Fish, Stacy A Nyikos, Alex Langley, Katrina Hill, Eric Bailey, Tamara Grantham and more
· Fan-based panels on subjects ranging from fan boys, love and superheroes, Marvel vs. DC, Doctor Who, Star Trek, vampires, Star Wars and more
· Tulsa's own Rabbit Hole Improv live "Whose Line is it Anyway" style show,with fans' nerdiest suggestions (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.)
· Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
· World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
· Cosplay with special guests Papa Bear, Thousand Faces, SirynRae, Ashe Lynne, Baroness Von T and more, throughout the weekend
· Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Sculpting, Posing & Photography, Pokémon, Mold Making/Resin Casting, Eva Foam), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Tulsa programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 11th event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Tulsa show hours are Friday, September 7, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, September 8, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, September 9, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Tulsa is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Tulsa, visit http://wizardword.com/
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com)
The 2018-19 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/