TEDxCherryCreekWomen 2018 Brings Global TEDWomen Celebration to Denver November 30
12 Local Presenters and 8 Entertainers Champion the Global Theme "Showing Up"
"Women in the workplace are often voices that are overlooked. It was important to us to put together a slate of presenters whose voices have historically been unheard," said Dafna Michaelson Jenet, founder of TEDxCherryCreekWomen (http://tedxcherrycreek.com/
This year's slate of presenters include:
· Kïrsten Blake, creator and founder of Chapter BE – "Reframe your narrative: first BE, then do"
· Chelley Canales, entrepreneur, writer, and performing artist – "What is the cost of waiting for approval before creating your life's work?"
· Kelly Dore, human rights advocate, business woman, former legislator, and executive director of the National Human Trafficking Survivor Coalition – "Moving past trauma through the lens of a human trafficking survivor"
· Dr. Jean F. East, social worker and retired professor from the University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work – "Leadership for empowerment:
· Dr. Savita Ginde, former vice president and chief medical officer for Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM) – "Building bridges instead of digging trenches around women's reproductive and health rights"
· Emily Harvey, one of only a few female amputees to achieve Iron(wo)man status and co-founder of LIM359 – "Accepting help when overcoming the impossible"
· Pat Jacques, entrepreneur, coach, author, keynote speaker, and founder of ADVWoman – "From self hate to self love"
· Phylecia Jones, Budgetologist, speaker, financial advocate, and creator of Keep Up with Mrs. Jones – "Girls are great at math!"
· Lisa Lee, 31-year teaching veteran and international motivational speaker – "Transforming the social norms of aging"
· Shahira Qudrat, business leader, author, and founder of Multi-American Moxie – "Navigating ethnic identities to overcome cultural societal roadblocks"
· Teri D. Smith, director of development for the Stout Street Foundation – "Overcoming fear of judgement to live our purpose"
· Johanna Walker, keynote speaker, coach, and founder of Women Who Speak and Girls Who Speak – "Breaking the bonds of societal expectations of our bodies"
TEDxCherryCreekWomen 2018 will also feature a stellar lineup of entertainers, including:
· Jennifer Burnett, artistic director and lead soloist at Mile Hi Church, vocal artist, songwriter, and musician
· Emily Geeves aka Em Possible, singer, songwriter, and musician
· Barbara Gehring and Linda Klein, comediennes and creators of the hit comedy show Girls Only - The Secret Comedy of WomenÒ
· Karyn Ruth White, comedienne and owner of Laugh and Learn Productions, LLC
· Pam VanNostern, comedienne
· Voices Rock, entertainers
· Jazz, spoken word artist
By purchasing a ticket to TEDxCherryCreekWomen 2018, attendees gain access to a uniquely intimate experience with the opportunity to hear and meet each speaker. Attendees will enjoy the full lineup of presenters and entertainers in Infinity Park's state-of-the-
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
The annual TED Conference takes place each spring in Vancouver, British Columbia. TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world get help translating their wishes into action; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self- organized TED-style events around the world, and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/
# # #