The Standard Group Wins Coveted Power of Print Award at Regional Print Competition
The Standard Group had an unprecedented performance at the Neographics with 3 Best of Show Awards, 17 Best of Category Awards and Person of the Year Award by Chairman Charlotte Cooper.
Major Print Awards include:
• Best of Show or Power of Print Award for 2501 M Street
• 3rd Overall Best of Show for Epic Eye Magazine
• 4th Overall Best of Show for Arc Cardinal Portfolio
• Best of Category for Cross-Media Marketing
• Best of Category for Digital, 4+ Colors
• Best of Category for Digital Printing: Variable Data
• Best of Category for Directories & Source Books
• Best of Category for Environmentally Sound Materials
• Best of Category for Environmental Certification Entries
• Best of Category for Cards – Series of Greeting Cards/Notecards
• Best of Category for Publication Inserts
• Best of Category for Presentation Folders, 1-3 Colors
• Best of Category for Presentation Kits, 4+ Colors
• Best of Category for Programs, 4+ Colors
• Best of Category for Posters
• Best of Category for Booklets: Large Format
• Best of Category for Calendars
• Best of Category for Announcements & Invitations
"Each year, we support the Graphic Arts Association's Neographics print competition to celebrate our customers' creative use of print," said Jim Rowland, COO of The Standard Group. "It's unbelievable that 3 of our works qualified for the Best of Show and absolutely amazing that we won the Power of Print. I'm so proud of our team's commitment to the art and craft of printing."
Scott Vaughn, CEO of The Standard Group, declared, "We strive to produce the highest quality of print communication for our marketing and agency partners. It's very gratifying that our work has achieved the highest industry recognition and validation by our peers."
As if the night could not have become any more magical, Charlotte Cooper, Former Chairman of The Standard Group, was recognized as the Neographics Person of the Year. Cooper delivered an uplifting speech on the value of education and supporting our local industry associations.
Vaughn continued, "For all the print awards we have achieved this year, nothing can compare to how proud I am of my mother's selection as Neographics' Person of the Year. Not only is she a visionary and industry vanguard, she has been instrumental in the company's success as former President and Chairman of The Standard Group. And as her son, words cannot express how proud I am of her accomplishment as my mother, my mentor, and my inspiration."
The Neographics' Power of Print Competition is one of the nation's largest regional graphic communications contests. Hosted by the Graphic Arts Association based in Philadelphia, it reviews graphic arts, packaging, converting, design and publishing excellence to showcase annually. The Neographics is a contest dedicated to recognizing and rewarding the highest level of quality and service within the print industry. The call for entries is sent to more than 6,000 companies, including printing and graphic firms throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Submission review spans across several days by teams of judges. They look at number of colors, press size and printing process in order to determine winners for overall design, successful completion, prepress preparation and finishing. The Neographics' winners are finally selected and recognized based on quality, service and the finished product as well as how a particular job fulfills its intended goal.
About The Standard Group: The Standard Group is an enterprise print management and marketing logistics company. We simplify communications for our customers by streamlining their print marketing and automating processes for print. Leveraging innovative workflow technologies, we help to facilitate online orders, improve quality, manage inventory and reduce print obsolescence. For more information on The Standard Group, visit www.standardgroup.com.
Thanh Nguyen, CMO, The Standard Group
610.375.6174 p1154 ; firstname.lastname@example.org