Air duct cleaning has become a rising concern for many air duct system users
Air ducts have become an essential component of our house cleaning systems due to the increasing awareness about indoor pollution. The air that enters your homes has to filter from dust, pollen, harmful gases and other allergens which may cause discomfort or ill health. The air duct system is associated with the HVAC, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, of your house.
Why do we need air duct system?
Air ducts have become an essential component of our house cleaning systems due to the increasing awareness about indoor pollution. The air that enters your homes has to filter from dust, pollens, harmful gases and other allergens which may cause discomfort or ill health. The air duct system is associated with the HVAC, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, of your house. Air duct systems are the solution to your indoor pollution problems. Just like our circulatory system works, air duct system circulates contaminated air, the filter is and re-circulates it in your home to create a healthy breathing environment. Conclusively, air duct system has two primary functions
• Filtration of circulating air from dust, contaminants, mold, pollens, and allergens
• Maintenance of a suitable temperature of indoor air
Therefore, it is highly advised to have them installed in your homes.
How does air duct system work?
A typical air duct system is a network of continuous channels. These channels joined with each other by using some specific duct sealants. An air duct system usually has 2 significant outlets; the supply and the return. The supply end is responsible for pumping conditioned air into your room whereas; the return end pumps the air back into the channels for conditioning. Since the air duct system is a part of or connected to the HVA system of your house, the temperature of the circulating air adjusted according to your settings. The emergence of leaks is a significant problem associated with air duct systems, and it can lead to severe consequences.
How does air duct system get contaminated?
Air ducts are responsible for suctioning indoor air into the ductwork. The suctioning is done to create a vacuum for efficient circulation of air through the duct system. On its way across the duct pipes, air gets filtered from allergens, dust, smoke and pet hair and dander. If the wind carries too much moisture, it is very likely that these particles get stuck on the walls and corners of the ducts. Once a layer of these particles formed on walls, it facilitates the accumulation of more and more contaminants on it. Consequently, thick layers of dust, pollen, and dander deposited inside the duct systems. Since the air duct system is installed in the ceiling or behind the walls, it is very hard to detect this dirt for long periods of time until something serious happens. In short, the air duct system gets contaminated by the deposition of following particles on moist duct walls
• Dust Particles
• Pollens and other allergens
• Pet shedding and dander
• Cigarette smoke and other heavy gases
Importance of Air duct cleaning
According to a survey, our air ducts take in an average of 6 pounds of dust circulating in the indoor air. This dust is filtered and reprocessed through the house through the supply register of the air duct system. Most of the times, it also takes in water vapors present in the air. These water vapors along with dust particles can create a substantial home for some dangerous foreign agents. Although there are no actual reasons behind why you should do Air duct cleaning, it is still highly advised by Environment Protection Agency, EPA. People who suffer from allergies, asthma and immune deficiency syndromes are required to do Air duct cleaning, or it will cause severe breathing problems. The fact shows, there remains no doubt about the importance of doing Air duct cleaning. Your HVAC system, just like your air conditioning and exhaust system, requires regular Air duct cleaning so that it can continue to work correctly.
How to determine if your air ducts require cleaning?
If it looks dirty, be sure of the fact that it is dirty.
• The most common sign of air duct contamination is a dirt supply register.
• Next, to it come unexplained allergic reactions in the residents.
• Excessive power usage and increased amount of in electricity bills is another indication.
• The emergence of critters, cobweb fragments, and weird-looking particles is another sign to consider.
• Discomfort in breathing, suffocation, and foul odors may also indicate a dirty air duct system.
If you observe a maximum number of these factors in your home, it is time to do some Air duct cleaning.
Hire a professional Air duct cleaning company
Some Air duct cleaning companies are available in the market which can help you in the said task. These companies offer Air duct cleaning in following ways
• High pressure suctioning created by powerful vacuum motors placed on trucks
• Scrubbing and brushing of inside walls of air duct system
• Optional application of antimicrobial chemicals on the walls
Before you make a deal with any professional Air duct cleaning company make sure that
• It knows and agrees on cleaning ALL parts of your air duct system
• It has certified by NADCA and follows operations recommended by NAIMA
• It ensures the safety of your furniture, carpets, and walls.
• Has got suitable brush types for different types of duct material
• Employs high-quality HEPA filter and vacuum to contain the dirt
USA Air Management Air Duct Cleaning NJ
Page Updated Last on: Apr 25, 2018