News By Tag
News By Location
Wizard World 2018 Schedule Boosted To 16 With Several New Shows, Site/Date Changes
Inaugural Shows In Winston-Salem, Springfield, Montgomery Posted; Return To Tulsa, Austin, Sacramento; Madison Moved Back Two Months
By: Wizard World
The summary of the new events is as follows:
• New show in Winston-Salem, N.C., August 3-5, Benton Convention Center
• New show in Springfield, Mo., October 26-28, University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
• New show in Montgomery, Ala., November 9-11, The Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
• Return to Tulsa, Okla., September 7-9, Cox Business Center (moved from Oklahoma City, originally scheduled Oct. 26-28)
• Return to Austin, Texas, September 21-23, Austin Convention Center (event was not on original 2018 schedule)
• Return to Sacramento, Calif., October 5-7, Cal Expo (event was not on original 2018 schedule; previously this event was held at Sacramento Convention Center)
• Madison, Wis., moved to November 30-December 2, Alliant Energy Center (originally scheduled Sept. 21-23)
The full Wizard World 2018 schedule can be found at: https://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also teamed with Sony Pictures Entertainment to find the next generation of movies as well as to engage in a number of strategic initiatives. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2018 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/