News By Tag
News By Location
Leading Company in Blockchain Development Launches Student Scholarship Opportunity
Applicature, a San Francisco-based agency, is pleased to offer this scholarship opportunity to computer science students worldwide
"Our company is thrilled to be offering this exciting scholarship opportunity to students all over the world," stated Pidruchny. "Blockchain remains a fundamental technology for virtual digital currencies. To further advance distributed ledger technologies, we welcome student research in a variety of industries in which application of DLT has not yet been well-elaborated."
As part of the application process, students must develop a proof of concept (PoC) using distributed ledger technologies (blockchain)
In the applicant's problem statement, he or she is expected to describe the following:
1. What is the established state of things in the area of interest from a social contract, automation, and economic perspective?
2. The reasons behind the selection of a specific industry/area of research. Research the current endeavors of blockchain technology companies in the selected area of study.
3. A clearly-stated problem in the selected industry, validated by any available market research and individual interviews with industry experts.
Additionally, in the applicant's notes accompanying his or her PoC, they must provide answers to the following:
4. Confirmation from one or more industry experts about the state of the industry problem and approval of the suggested solution. The applicant's PoC has to find its product-market fit.
5. Please describe the envisioned new state of the ecosystem after the adoption of blockchain technology. What is the impact on participants, and how will the social contract change?
6. Show how the discovered human or organizational incentives will be implemented in the consensus/communication protocol and rules of interaction, based upon at least 3 granular use cases.
The PoC itself can be implemented with any programming language(s), libraries, and tool(s), so long as they are not protected by a patent, copyright, or trademark. They must be freely accessible by the board and the general public.
By participating in this scholarship program, the applicant agrees that their work may be published on Applicature's website, and that the codebase of their solution will be submitted on GitHub under GPLv3 licensure. The IP rights for the solution belong to Applicature.
Registration for the scholarship ends on June 15, 2018. The winner will be announced on December 15, 2018. For full scholarship details on how to apply, please CLICK HERE (https://applicature.com/