Backpacks for MSD: Community Bands Together to Fill Backpacks with Ways to Help Stoneman Dougla
"We are collecting a backpack for each student. Inside we will fill it with ways they can get out with other students. This is not a time for students to isolate themselves; but a time for Marjory Stoneman Douglas, it's staff and students to come together to support one another. " said Coconut Creek resident Toni Frallicciardi
Places like Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, PDQ, Wow!Factory, Island Water Sports and so many others have given gift cards and free vouchers for these students to get out and do things together. Vans donated almost 1000 backpacks and local residents have begun helping the team to collect the additional 2,200 needed.
Each bag will also contain resources printed from the Broward Country School Board Websiteand Red Cross for students in need of grief counseling.
Backpacks are still being collected with several local businesses acting as drop locations.
We are in need of the following for student backpacks:
· Backpacks (please do not bring bags with advertising or major branding)
· Journals/Composition Books
Current Backpack Drop off locations:
· Island Water Sports, 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach
· Calvary Chapel E Boca, 1551 W Camino Real, Boca Raton
· Adult to Pediatrics, 14201 W Sunrise Blvd, #107, Sunrise
· Pink & Blues, 829 N Nob Hill Rd, Plantation
· Pasquale's 4690 S.R. 7 #111, Coconut Creek
· Wow! Factory, 5891 Lyons Rd, Coconut Creek
· Chick-fil-A, 1341 N University Dr, Coral Springs
· Wings Plus, 9880 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs
· Wings Plus, 1235 N. University Dr, Coral Springs
· Mona's Kids, 2810 N University Dr, Coral Springs
· Pasquale's, 10337 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs
· Pasquale's, 5609 Coral Ridge Blvd, Coral Springs
· Mona's Kids,810 N University Dr, Coral Springs
· Runyons, 9810 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs
· Salon Utopia, 5859 Wiles Rd, Coral Springs
· JD's, 10311 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs
The team is also working to organize several events to continue to engage the students and are in the process of opening a community space for organizations and locals to facilitate Free art classes, poetry workshops and more for the students.
Currently, these events are happening to support our community:
Thursday 3/1 - 5pm to 7pm, Skate Night at Tamarac - Join Push for Good, Vans and Boards for Bros at Tamarac Skatepark for a Skate Night and BBQ. Ramp 48, Vans at Coral Square and Island Water Sports will be collecting new and used skateboard decks for this event. (This will be a monthly event)
Friday 3/16 – Pompano Beach Amphitheater – The Shark presents #ParklandStrong Concert benefiting Marjory Stoneman Douglas Victims' Fund with New Found Glory, Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional & Ryan Key formerly of Yellowcard. http://www.1043theshark.com/
Push for Good is a national network of skateboarders, artists, musicians, and creative people who work together to do good things for their local communities
For more information, press only: