- Jan. 9, 2018
-- American Conference Institute (ACI) is pleased to announce that officials from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Federal Communications Commission will be providing updates at ACI's 4th National Forum on CFIUS & Team Telecom, scheduled for January 31st in Washington, DC.
In addition to asking questions to government decision-makers, attendees will have the opportunity to network with members of the CFIUS bar, and learn how acquirers, targets and their advisors are preparing to weather an evolving landscape. The agenda will focus on critical updates regarding CFIUS reform, challenges to securing CFIUS approvals, mitigation hurdles, as well as strategic insights for effective transaction planning.
Here are just some of the highlights attendees can expect:
- Insights from seven government decision-makers on the CFIUS and Team Telecom processes, mitigation and cybersecurity;
- Best practices from new in-house speakers and leading outside counsel involved in some of the most high profile transactions to date;
- New, practical panels on preparing for anticipated reform, navigating the review process amid delays, political vacancies and uncertainty, as well as "on the ground" successes in securing approvals;
- Enhanced discussion on Chinese investment, including how to address heightened sensitivities, investigations and mitigation requirements; and
- Two new post-conference workshops on February 1st addressing FDI regimes in the UK, Germany, China and Canada, as well as a practical workshop on mitigation agreements.
More information about the event, including the full agenda, faculty list, and brochure can be accessed at www.americanconference.com/CFIUS