News By Tag
News By Location
Long Island Welcomes the International Phenomenon Diner en Blanc
Diner en Blanc the World Renowned Pop Up Picnic Debuts in Long Island Friday, October 6. There is still time to get tickets to this exclusive event.
By: Bridget O'Brien PR & Events
Over 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world have already embrace this unique event. As stated very eloquently by the New York Times: "There are picnics and there are Picnics". This très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi! Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What began as a "friends and word-of-mouth only" event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries. While the technology behind the event may has changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city's most beautiful locations.
"We felt Long Island was primed for such a dazzling event as an increase of interest in fine living has been noted over the years," says, Donyshia Boston Hill co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island, who has been working in the Events and Branding for over many years and hopes to make this very first edition a success that will pave the way towards establishing a long-standing tradition.
In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. Over the course of the evening, guests experience the beauty and value of one their city's public spaces by participating in the unexpected.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
• Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
• Table setting: all white!
• Champagne and/or wine must be purchases through the Long Island Diner en Blanc website . Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
• As per Long Island, NY alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc's e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages
• To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc
• In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
• A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
• A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
• An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit longisland.dinerenblanc.com/
About Dîner en Blanc International
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in close to 80 cities in more than 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Le Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
About Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island Hosts
Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island hosting team is composed Donyshia Boston-Hill, Bridget O'Brien and Shanoy Skeete. Donyshia Boston-Hill is CEO of Keeper of the Brand Marketing & Digital Agency, a Long Island based firm specializing in integrated marketing engagement for entertainment, sports, corporate, government, non-profit and technology brands. Bridget O'Brien is the CEO of Bridget O'Brien PR & Events a multiple award winning full service Public Relations and Event Production Firm. Her clientele is diverse and international, from brands, non-profits, celebrities to professional services. Shanoy Skeete is a Professional Lifestyle & Event Production Director with over 15 years of experience. Shanoy "Mr. Lifestyle & Nightlife" has produced some of New York Cities most elegant and memorable events.
To keep up to date on event announcements:
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBlongisland2017
For media requests, interviews or images, contact:
Bridget O'Brien – Bridget O'Brien PR & Events – t. 917-780-5589
Page Updated Last on: Sep 28, 2017