#1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Hosts the Sold-Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop in New York City
Lucky Writers Get Golden Opportunity to Learn How to Approach the Literary and Entertainment Industries with Projects at This Weekend's Sold Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop
By: Your Book Is Your Hook LLC
"Writers often don't realize that they will have to answer the question, 'So, what's your project about?' for the rest of their writing careers. To break into the publishing and entertainment industries, writers need to get clear about what their stories, books and projects are about and how to summarize them quickly and concisely in their conversations with literary agents, publishers, producers, Broadway theater developers and other industry professionals. When done well, the conversation should cultivate interest in you and your project and potentially lead to other opportunities such as speaking appearances and/or deepen business relationships with prospects and clients, not just sell books or your project," states Jennifer S. Wilkov, Founder of The Next Bestseller™ Workshop and CEO of Your Book Is Your Hook. "There are a number of ways to craft the conversation and presentation of your project. However, there are so many options that it can become extremely overwhelming and confusing for the writer who often doesn't feel competent when writing the short stuff as a marketer of his or her own projects. A writer with an amazing concept could easily get rejected by the industry or ignored by the audience he or she has targeted when the presentation is not intriguing or engaging. I want to prevent that from happening by educating writers and breaking down the cluttered and often conflicting information they find on the Internet or in other trainings into clear actionable steps they can take to really succeed with their projects."
The Next Bestseller™ Workshop weekend is a safe space that provides an intimate environment for writers to get exclusive access to the dream team of industry trainers to help them prepare and practice their presentation and pitch BEFORE they have to talk about their projects with industry professionals and others. "Who better to help a writer with this painful process than the industry professionals themselves?!" says Wilkov.
Panels and break-out sessions of The Next Bestseller™ Workshop will include discussions on literary professionals and publishing, film, television, public speaking, public relations, social media, and search engine optimization and more. The writers will also present their projects to an elite panel of industry professionals from the literary, entertainment and theater community and receive specific feedback about their individual presentations so they can improve them. Scheduled speakers include:
· - Jennifer S. Wilkov, Founder of The Next Bestseller™ Workshop and CEO of Your Book Is Your Hook LLC
· - Dan Fauci, Producer, Former Head of Paramount Pictures Comedy Division
· - Lane Shefter Bishop, Author of Sell It In a Sentence and CEO of Vast Entertainment
· - Katharine Sands, Author of Making the Perfect Pitch and Literary Agent at the Sarah Jane Freymann Agency
· - Lindsay Roth, Author of What Pretty Girls Are Made Of and Television Producer
· - Leann Garms, Founder of Build.Buzz.Launch
· - Joan Pelzer, Founder of Joan Pelzer Social
· - Michael Tesalona, Founder of Bradford & Crabtree, SEO Specialist
· - Jack DePalma, Broadway Theater Developer, Consultant
· - Chris Schembra, Founder and Curator of the 747 Club, Speaker
· - Oliver Roth, Producer at OHenry Productions
· - Phil Sexton, Author and Publisher of Writer's Digest Magazine
· - Peter Rubie, Literary Agent and CEO, FinePrint Literary Management
· - Louise Fury, Literary Agent, The Bent Agency
· - Maria C. Miles, Entertainment Attorney at Maria C. Miles
· - Jonathan Sirota, Principal, Sirota Law Firm, P.C.
· - Jennefer Witter, Public Relations Consultant at The Boreland Group
· - Jenevieve Brewer, Talent Agent & Owner of Jenevieve Brewer Talent Management
· - Jill Michele Williams, Head of Development for Engel Entertainment
· - Mark DeGasperi, Executive Director of Media Development International
Additional trainers will be announced.
Wilkov will also interview Vincent Zandri, #1 NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY and AMAZON KINDLE best-selling author of more than 20 novels and winner of the 2015 PWA Shamus Award and the 2015 ITW Thriller Award for Best Original Paperback Novel. Participants will then have exclusive access to a question-and-
About Jennifer S. Wilkov.
Jennifer is a #1 international best-selling award-winning author, an award-winning freelance writer, a popular media personality and executive producer, the Literary Agent Matchmaker™ and a respected book & business consultant in her business called "Your Book Is Your Hook!" She is also a blogger for books for the Huffington Post, and a columnist for the award-winning magazine PUBLISHED Magazine.
She supports first-time writers and seasoned authors with the essentials to become a bestseller: a great project, a strong platform and a well-polished pitch, presentation and hook for their book. She educates and assists them with the writing, marketing and getting published processes (traditional with an agent, self-publishing and e-publishing)
Jennifer is also the creator and producer of The Next Bestseller™ Weekend Workshop, a safe space that provides writers with exclusive access to the dream team of industry trainers to help you prepare and practice your pitch BEFORE you have to talk about your project with industry professionals and others. Please refer to www.TheNextBestseller.com for more information and registration.
Your Book Is Your Hook LLC