News By Tag
News By Place
Operation Car Wash Prosecutor to Speak at ACI's 2016 Brazil Summit on Anti-Corruption
"Excellent speakers, good structure, great timing." - Oracle
It's no secret that Brazil has been embroiled in a growing corruption scandal, which to date has resulted in a dozen executives from the largest construction companies in the country being arrested, 52 senior politicians investigated by the Brazilian Supreme Court, and over 1 million Brazilians taking to the streets in protest against corruption. All of these developments have led the government to prioritize anti-corruption regulation and voice support for a tightening enforcement environment. The potential impact of these developments for business in Brazil is enormous. Companies conducting business in the region understand that they need to be mindful and re-evaluate the efficacy of their controls and compliance function in light of a tightening Brazilian enforcement environment.
Considered to be the "premier anti-corruption compliance event in Brazil" anticipation is building among registered delegates to hear distinguished industry leaders speak and share their practical experiences on how to adapt the compliance programs to the evolving enforcement landscape in Brazil. ACI has announced new speakers for the 2016 program which include:
• Alessandra Del Debbio Assistant General Counsel, Microsoft (Brazil)
• Reynaldo Goto, Director - Compliance Officer, Siemens
• Gustavo Biagioli, Legal & Compliance Director, Jones Lang LaSalle (Brazil)
• Pedro Mariani, General Counsel, AMBEV (Brazil)
• Rogeria Gieremek, Compliance Officer, Grupo LatAm Airlines (Brazil)
• Viviane Souza Miranda, Director Audit, Risk Management and Compliance, Sociedade Beneficente Israelita Brasileira Albert Einstein (Brazil)
• Maria Cecilia Andrade, Compliance Officer, Odebrecht Transportes (Brazil)
This event, hosted by the American Conference Institute (ACI), will take place on May 23 - 25, 2016, at the InterContinental Hotel in São Paulo, Brazil.
To register please visit our website or call us at: 1-888-224-2480.
About ACI: American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges around the world. Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy -with the aim of providing information on the leading edge.
Don't miss this great opportunity. This conference sells fast! To register please visit our website.