News By Tag
News By Place
United Way of Porter County hosts Annual Celebration
To kick off the evening, guests mingled and enjoyed an hors d'oeuvres reception catered by Aberdeen Manor. Kim Olesker, President and CEO of UWPC, greeted guests as they arrived. "It is such an honor to host this year's celebration,"
The reception was followed by an awards ceremony in the Ivy Tech auditorium where JJ Peller, the evening's emcee, recognized businesses, organizations, and individuals for their outstanding support of UWPC. Peller is a lifelong advocate of UWPC and currently sits on the board and actively participates in UWPC's Young Leaders United. The presenting sponsor of the evening was Wells Fargo.
Awards and recipients are as follows:
• Power of Youth Council - Youth Community Leader Award: Kelsey Vinzant, Washington Township High School
• Young Leaders United - Leader of the Year: Matt Welter, RE/MAX Pace Realty
• United for Children - Service to Youth Award: Ken and Nina Allen, Kenneth J. Allen Law Group and UWPC Reading Buddies sponsor
• Outstanding Professional Award: Marie Kubina, Opportunity Enterprises
• Indiana Association of United Ways (IAUW) Company of the Year: 1st Source Bank
• Media & Marketing Recognition:
• Recognition of Campaign Co-Chairs: The McMillan Family, Task Force Tips - Stewart, Kathryn, Kelly (Bartholomew)
• Shining Star in Campaign: Porter County Sheriff's Department
• Trip giveaway: Adam Peuquet, Chester, Inc.
• Slingshot giveaway: Allan Alliss, Allegius Credit Union
The funds raised from this past campaign season will be used to generate the highest level of community impact through UWPC programs, agencies and initiatives. "It is astonishing to see how giving and passionate this community is," said Olesker. "Every year, we collectively work hard to raise as much money and bring awareness to make Porter County a better place, and every year, we are shocked from the response. After tonight, I can't wait to see what the upcoming year brings!"
For more information, please contact Melissa Castle-Kirincic at email@example.com, or call (219) 464-3583.
UWPC leads, unites and inspires our community to improve lives. United Way invests in three core strategies: Education, Financial Stability and Health. UWPC helps nearly 40,000 Porter County residents each year build better lives. For more information, visit unitedwaypc.org, unitedforchildren.org, nwivolunteer.org, or call (219) 464-3583.