News By Tag
News By Location
Veterans Day 2015 in Hollywood to Celebrate the Repatriation of 36 US Marines from WWII
Veterans Day 2015 is set for Wednesday November 11th, 2015 at the American Legion Post 43 in Hollywood to celebrate the Vanilla Fire patriotic military film series that led to the repatriation of 36 US Marines in the summer of 2015.
By: Vanilla Fire Productions
Vanilla Fire Founder and Producer Tamara Henry will be hosting the afternoon with musical guest Kenny C. for 150 Veterans and 70 VIPs. (A few seats are being held for last minute celebrities with military connections.)
Veterans Day 2015
Wednesday November 11, 2015
American Legion Post 43 in Hollywood
2035 Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Noon-12:45pm red carpet arrivals, presentations for the media
1-1:45pm American Legion Post 43 Ceremony in the Atrium and roll call of our fallen comrades
1:45 - 3pm luncheon in Cabaret Room (must be on list)
1:45pm Veteran Jimmy Weldon leads everyone in singing God Bless America after he gives his Flag monologue for youth patriotism
2pm Screening of the Kenny C. music video Say Goodbye
2pm - 3pm Kenny C. and his band during lunch
3pm On Stage presentations
3:15pm Screening of Return To The Philippines (65 minute film)
4pm - 5pm Kenny C. and his band with Tammy Cash
While Filmmaker Steven C. Barber will be on location in Hawaii filming the repatriation of a Vietnam Veteran who crashed in Cambodia in 1965... Producer Tamara Henry (who secured funding for the film from Executive Producer Scott Minerd) along with Director Matthew Hausle will be screening "Return to the Philippines:
Vanilla Fire: Serves the Military, Passes the Torch and Continues the Legacy.
1. Return To Tawara (Discovery's Military Channel)
2. Until They Are Home (2012 Oscar Shortlist)
3. Return To The Philippines (Netflix)
4. Return To Papau New Guinea (in pre production)
“One can judge the conscience of a nation by the recognition it gives to those who died for it.” ~ William Gladstone
This 65 minute documentary was edited and written by the Emmy nominated editor Jay Miracle known for Fog of War, Hearts of Darkness and 20 Feet From Stardom fame.
Ed Harris (who narrates for a second time for Vanilla Fire) gives an eloquent tutorial of Leon's journey back to the Pacific that is complimented with some beautiful and sometimes graphic historical footage from the Bataan Death March to the bombing of Manila.
Vanilla Fire has been known for its films which have twice landed on the Oscar Shortlist in 2010 and 2012 for original songs written and performed by country music legend Clint Black. Vanilla Fire is heating things up again with two new hit songs in this film:
1. John Mellencamp has generously donated "Troubled Man" from his latest album Plain Spoken.
2. Kenny C. has generously donated "Coming Home" for the movie, a duet he sang with Tammy Cash. California country singer Kenny Cederholm is an inspirational writer from Redondo Beach and his new song Coming Home speaks for every soldier that has ever been to war and the ones that never came home. Kenny's song is for all the brave men and women that have fought for our country. Kenny is recording in Nashville with Dean Miller, recording in the same studio as many great artists including Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Faith Hill, Randy Travis, Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins and Rascall Flatts. DeanMillerEntertainment.com
The inaugural Stars Of The Military plaque(s) will be presented:
Johnny Grant brings a star to the military at 2:22 into this video:
Vanilla Fire held a preview party & screening at the Bel Air home of Frank Luntz after the filmmakers and Leon Cooper were welcomed home from the Philippines at a Gary Sinise Foundation event in West Los Angeles along with legendary actor/producer/
Information on the Repatriation of the 36 US Marines can be found at
Information on the films that led up to the Repatriation of the 36 US Marines can be found at www.vanillafire.com
Information on the film that will be screened this Veterans Day can be found at www.ReturnToThePhilippines.com
Information on producer Tamara Henry can be found at
Tamara Henry 310.709.2247
Page Updated Last on: Nov 07, 2015