"Remember Me Books": Your Life Story Illustrated by Memory Artist Nancy Gershman
In her new line of coffee table art books, digital artist and oral historian Nancy Gershman brings alive stories from every decade of your life by rendering first person narratives into uncanny "Dreamscapes."
Remember Me Books - the brainchild of memory artist, Nancy Gershman - exists for these very reasons. Each compact 36-page personal history is designed to seduce the next generation to study the precious bits and pieces that make up a life. In 10 stories, your custom Remember Me book pays homage to your subject’s most heartfelt choices, commitments and passions, whether they came to fruition or not. Lastly, by pairing lively first person narratives with custom-created photo-illustrations, Gershman tenderly captures how your subject might have experienced the world around them.
Components of a Remember Me book include:
1. (Up to 10) Oral Histories (iconic events or memories personally experienced or witnessed) recorded, transcribed and edited in Studs Terkel fashion
3. (Up to 10) Fine Art Digital Photomontages (or “Dreamscapes”)
3. A modern take on the Family Tree (names, captions, dates of birth and death) with archival photographs restored and retouched as necessary
4. Guest Book Sign-in Pages (where readers or owners of a Remember Me book can leave their impressions and insights
• (one) 12 x 9- in. book in landscape orientation with sewn binding
• a full color, glossy laminate image wrap on the front and back cover
• choice of solid or patterned end papers
• 120# text weight satin-coated pages
• Black book wrap with button and string closure
• Digital files of all artwork
• Available in hardcover or softcover versions
To turn the pages of a sample book, visit The Remember Me Book page. For more details about process and pricing, talk to Nancy Gershman personally about your vision for a Remember Me book.