News By Tag
News By Place
Why Use Aluminum Food Containers?
The reason aluminum metal is used in making food containers is because of its unique metallic characteristics. One of the reasons Aluminum Food Containers are used is because of the property of aluminum to be impressively malleable.
By: Packaging Supplies
Aluminum possesses many practical uses which other materials are deprived off. Some of the reasons Aluminum Food Containers are preferable are given below:
· Convenient Usage and Tolerance of Temperature – Aluminum is the only material used in making packaging utensils that can withstand sudden changes in temperature. Aluminum Food Containers can easily bear extreme temperature changes. Because of this, it can easily go from our freezers to the ovens, and then to our tables, thus saving valuable time during food preparation. This fact also aids in quick service time requirement
· Use in Microwaves – Shockingly, Aluminum Food Containers are superior to plastic food containers because heat moves through the aluminum metal quicker than it moves through plastic. That is why food is heated faster in the microwave when aluminum is used. Contrary to popular belief, misleading facts about aluminum are spread, which claim that aluminum cannot be used in microwaves because it’s dangerous. Quick the opposite actually, aluminum is totally safe to be used in microwaves. It also aids in retaining original texture and flavor of food. The reason that aluminum is more versatile than plastic in this case might be because aluminum is a good thermal conductor which allows heat to pass through, while plastic is a heat insulator. Aluminum allows the food to be cooked through all sides equally.
· Reliability in Transportation – Being a metal, aluminum is a sturdy element. When used for preservation, Aluminum Food Containers are stackable, sturdy, and leak-resistant and keep food fresher than Styrofoam and plastic containers. Because of all these preservative properties, it is desirable to be used in the conservation of food
· Allowing Easy Clean Up – Aluminum is also superior to other materials because of its recyclability. It’s the person’s choice whether to opt for easy cleaning or no cleaning at all. One has the choice to save them after they have been used.
· Diverse Handling – Aluminum metal has excellent properties to withstand sharp environmental changes. Not only can Aluminum Food Containers can be used in simple ovens, it can also be used in toaster ovens and conventional ovens. They can bear high temperature changes without charring, melting, etc. and don’t compromise the original flavor of food.
What pops in the mind of a person when he thinks of ideal packaging? It should be light, unbreakable, recyclable, non toxic, and solid. All these unique characteristics and properties are found in Aluminum. That is the specialty of this great metal – it protects products from light, bacteria, and water, and it also preserves the taste and smell of food.