Global Parkinson’s Disease Therapeutics Market Value to Reach $5.3 Billion by 2022
Reportstack has added a new pharma report on which forecasts that Parkinson’s Disease (PD)treatment market value is expected to increase from $3.6 billion in 2012 to $5.3 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4%.
SAN FRANCISCO - March 26, 2014 - PRLog -- Reportstack has announced a new report on Parkinson’s Disease – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. Parkinson’s disease is a progressive condition that is characterized by bradykinesia, muscular rigidity, tremor, and postural instability. As the second most common neurodegenerative disorder, Parkinson’s disease may affect individuals of any age but prevalence is increased with age and it is most common in the elderly. It is expected that the prevalence of Parkinson’s disease in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Brazil will increase from 3.2m people in 2012 to 4.3m people in 2022, driven by an aging population in all markets. Dopaminergic therapies have been fairly effective in treating bradykinesia, but several unmet needs remain. Some needs will be met during the forecast period from 2012-2022, while others, such as the need for disease-modifying drugs, will remain. GlobalData expects that advancements will be made in levodopa administration and that four new molecular entities will be introduced to the market by 2022, these factors along with increased patient numbers from an aging population will drive the market during the forecast period.
- Overview of Parkinson’s disease, including etiology, pathophysiology, motor and non-motor symptoms, and quality of life.
- Annualized Parkinson’s disease market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the PD market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different Phases and emerging trends, specifically Newron’s safinamide, Biotie and UCB’s tozadenant, Civitas’ CVT-301, Impax’s Rytary (IPX066), Bial’s opicapone, Novartis’ mavoglurant (AFQ056), and Intec’s CD/LD-GR.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Parkinson’s disease market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Market Model Features
An interactive excel forecast model based on primary research interviews and surveys with KOLs and high-prescribing physicians is included in this report*. This patient based model provides diagnosis rates, patient segmentation, treatment rates, annual costs of therapy , and indication-specific drug sales for the 10-year forecast period. The forecast model is robust, fully transparent, and easy to navigate. Moreover, our models support data presented in the reports and the complete methodology is outlined in the report and the model.
- Population increases, especially in the elderly, will be a key driving force in the global PD market.
- With several small biotech and pharmaceutical companies involved in mid-stage development of PD products, there will be ample opportunity for partnerships with Big Pharma.
- Levodopa based therapy will remain the gold standard of care with advancements in administration, including the introduction of slow-release formulations and an emergency use inhaler.
- Several unmet needs are expected to remain after the forecast period, as advancements in the control of non-motor symptoms and in the development of disease-modifying therapies are lagging.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in PD? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2022?
- With five new product launches, three of which address the needs of advanced stage patients, which products are forecast to generate the highest sales over 2012-2022?
- What corporate strategies have been employed for recent product launches? What opportunities remain for new entrants?
- An aging population is expected to increase prevalence of PD in all markets from 2012-2022. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future PD market?
- What governmental developments are likely to affect reimbursement and generic erosion of PD drugs? What type of impact will this have on the markets covered over the forecast period?
To order this report @ Reportstack:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the PD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PD market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
The companies mentioned in this report are Merck, Roche, AbbVie, UCB, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Orion, Newron, Lundbeck, Impax and Civitas. The markets covered in this report are US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Brazil. More details about this report can found by visiting Parkinson’s Disease (PD)treatment market report link.
Other Parkinson's Disease Market Reports from Reportstack:
Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Pipeline Shows Shift towards Long Term Disease Management
Global Parkinson's Disease Market 2012-2016
Reportstack is one of the leading distributors of market research reports in the world today. Reportstack provides access to over 50,000 company profiles and their strategic information like SWOT analysis, deals and partnerships analysis, merger & acquisition activity and new product launches. Reportstack is also a leader in the field of Pharma market research and Medical Devices Market Research Reports.
Page Updated Last on: Mar 26, 2014