News By Tag
News By Place
17 Facts on Social Media That Will Make Your Hair Stand on End
A recent study uncovered some very unnerving truth about the social media and its impact on the modern lifestyle.
· According to 82% women the definition of beauty is being influenced by social media.
· Facebook remains the most important social media site for the teens followed by YouTube, Instagram , Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, StumbleUpon and Flickr. While Reddit and StumbleUpon are recent addition to the list, Instagram made it just over and year earlier.
· 74% couples have admitted that their relationship was positively impacted by the Internet.
· The study also found 71% women as compared to 62% men participants.
· Though there is much hype over the social media, 51% users admitted to having their life changed in the negative way due to the impact of the social media.
· Whopping 45% users admitted to feeling anxious and worried and are uncomfortable when their email and Facebook becomes inaccessible.
· 73% actually admitted to panicking in case they lose their smartphone. This clearly underlines the way modern gadgets and social media have become an integral part of the present lifestyle.
· 54% admitted checking their phone even when they are lying in bed.
· The Internet has even impacted the relationships, with 25% admitting to facing relationship problems as a result of “confrontational online” behavior.
· The social media sites themselves have become similar to any other country. Twitter has the fastest growing demographic in the 55-64 year age group which is a 79% hike since 2012. In case of Facebook and Google Plus, 45-54 year age group shows the maximum growth having 46% and 56% growth respectively.
· 57% of all the discussion carried on in Pinterest actually concerns food.
· Among all the Facebook users, 23% have a habit of checking their account at least 5 times in a day.
· The introduction of Internet on mobile has definitely resulted in a surge of the social media users. This is clearly depicted by the fact that 189 million of Facebook’s total users happens to be ‘mobile only’.
· LinkedIn witnesses a growth in the number of users at an alarming rate of 2 new members every second.
· Not only the definition of beauty or relationships, social media is actually modifying the way buyers are deciding and playing an important factor in the decision making process of the prospecting buyers. 46% people are actually deciding after taking the help of the web while making any purchase. The surge of social media marketing is the very result of this trend which is fast catching up with the entire society.
· Though there are a large number of different updates on every social media sites, the originality might be dying out rather rapidly. In Pinterest, 80% of all the pins are actually repins.
· The impact of the social media on every decision making process or even the social behavior is a result of the ease of sharing the views of one person with his/her peers. The fact that the +1 button is hit at least 5 billion times a day proved the fact.