HubShout’s MOvember Prostate Cancer Fundraiser Exceeds Expectations

Fundraiser carried out to raise awareness and support individuals with prostate cancer
 
HubShout's MOvember Supporters
HubShout's MOvember Supporters
FALLS CHURCH, Va. - Dec. 9, 2013 - PRLog -- In November 2013, HubShout, a US based online marketing firm, website reseller, and SEO reseller, announced its participation in a fundraiser for individuals dealing with prostate cancer. HubShout reached out to the organization, Us TOO Rochester NY, a chapter of Us TOO International, Inc.; Us TOO Rochester was very eager to hear about HubShout’s dedication to support the fight against prostate cancer. The mission of Us TOO is “to help men and their families make informed decisions about prostate cancer detection and treatment through support, education and advocacy.”

The fundraiser was held as part of MOvember, an annual event in which men grow moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men's health issues, such as prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men, and associated charities. The goal of MOvember is to "change the face of men's health.”

The fundraiser involved HubShout employees and supporters growing out their facial hair during MOvember. The event turned into a challenge when participants in the HubShout Rochester office made it a contest to see who could grow the most facial hair. Terrance Nichols, MOvember 2013 fundraiser event manager, took before and after photos of the enthusiastic group.

According to the American Cancer Society, prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind lung cancer. About 1 man in 36 will die of prostate cancer. The American Cancer Society also found that prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among American men.

Nichols was impressed by the level of dedication and participation in the fundraiser. Nichols has a very unique and personal connection to the cause, which drove him to stand up and get the word out for the fight against prostate cancer. Nichols said, “I organized this event because I think with the reach that we have at HubShout, we can make a difference, but, mostly because my mentor passed away in November last year (from prostate cancer). He was like a father to me and the suffering that he, his family and I went through was tough. When he was diagnosed, it was in its advanced stages. Prostate cancer screening is something that all men, older and younger, should know about.”

Nichols reported that HubShout co-founders, Chad Hill, CEO and Dr. Adam Stetzer, President, pledged a corporate matching donation, bringing the total raised by the HubShout MOvember event to $1,062.

Nichols hopes to get the word out so that others follow and donate to this worthy cause. Click here to donate. Nichols encourages donors to select Option B with which 25% of the donation goes to the international effort, and the remaining 75% directly to the Us TOO Rochester NY chapter - helping local men and women affected by prostate cancer in Rochester and the Finger Lakes Region. Any donation to support the fight against prostate cancer is appreciated.

Chad Hill, CEO and Adam Stetzer, Ph.D., President, co-founded HubShout in 2008, launched the SEO reseller program in 2009 and the website reseller program in 2013. Through HubShout’s reseller programs, SEO professionals, website designers, graphic designers, web developers, ad agencies, PR firms, etc. can offer a full package of online marketing services to their clients. For more information, please visit hubshout.com. Read more about HubShout’s MOvember fundraising event on the HubShout blog.

Contact
Ashley Burack
8882666432
***@hubshout.com

Photo:
https://www.prlog.org/12253579/2
End
Source:
Email:***@hubshout.com
Posted By:***@hubshout.com Email Verified
Tags:Seo Reseller, Prostate Cancer, Movember, Online Marketing, hubShout
Industry:Health, Internet, Marketing
Location:Falls Church - Virginia - United States
Subject:Events
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share