Skilled Worker Class: Sure-Fire Ways to Secure Canada PR
According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), 2012 was a successful year for various Canadian immigration programs.
Included in the country’s top priorities is maintaining record levels of immigration to support economic growth and workforce. For this reason, the 2013 immigration plan is customized to embrace more of the world’s top talents and skilled workers. The federal government aligns programs that will assist more skilled worker class to acquire Canada PR.
Strategies to Obtain Permanent Residency in CA
Skilled workers are categorized as individuals with appropriate education, work experience, age, and language abilities in English or French. Individuals across the world use their skills to apply as immigrants in Canada.
One way of acquiring permanent resident status is by finding employment and obtaining a temporary work permit. This permit is considered an ideal route towards acquiring a permanent resident status. There are four ways to transform one’s temporary status to permanent residency status:
1. Arranged Employment (through Federal Skilled Worker program)
This program is deemed as the shortest path to PR as it requires approximately 12 to18 months to be completed.Experienced workers in a skilled position may have to take two steps:
· Be offered an indefinite length of employment by the employer.
· Pass the FSW points system. This system evaluates the worker by assigning numerical value for the job offer, adaptability, and education. Accumulation of high points is a qualification.
2. Canadian Experience Class
This is an alternative solution for skilled workers who fail to get the points needed in FSW. The requirements are:
· Either two (2)years of work experience or a post-secondary education in Canada with one year work experience.
· Continuous employment
3. Provincial Nominee Program
Provinces, through an agreement with the federal government,can have their own programs to autonomously nominate foreign workers for Canada PR status. These provinces set criteria for those who have sincere intention to settle in their respective territories. This application is for workers with skilled positions; however, the following must be considered:
· Some provinces’ programs may differ from the program of another province. For instance, some may prefer a particular skill sets that will control the movement of a PNP application.
· Though this program looks for skilled labourers, there may also be provinces that may nominate for an unskilled job. An example of this would be that of Alberta.
4. Quebec Experience Class
The province of Quebec has an exclusive agreement with the federal government that permits it to practice special immigration systems. Temporary work permit candidates should have the following requirements:
· They must work in Quebec for a minimum of one year in a skilled position.
· They must speak at least intermediate French.
· After approval, they will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate, and they will be allowed to reside permanently in the province.
· Quebec also allows individuals on temporary working holiday visas to apply for PR provided that they meet the above requisites.
Overall, these four programs are designed to pave the way for skilled workers to enter CA, immigrate in the country permanently, and eventually, make an impact to its labour market.
Meanwhile, to understand more about the processes involved in obtaining a Canada PR status, you may visit http://illuminatecanada.com