News By Tag
* Obgyn Atlanta
* Dr. Michael Randell
* Northside Hospital
* daVinci robotic hysterectomy
* More Tags...
News By Place
Top Atlanta OBGYN, Dr. Michael Randell, Had Another Busy Year in 2012
Dr. Michael Randell, Atlanta's top ObGyn and one of the busiest robotic surgeons in the United States, is finishing up 2012 with an impressive list of accomplishments.
By: Andrea Corbello
Here are some of the highlights from 2012:
• In January, Dr. Randell delivered the first baby at Northside Hospital conceived just two months following his performance of a daVinci robotic tubal ligation reversal surgery.
• In January, Dr. Randell performed the first robotic hysterectomy at Northside Hospital using the Advincula Arch from Cooper Surgical, designed to enhance minimally invasive surgery and increase patient safety.
• In January, Dr. Randell traveled to Half Moon Bay, California to attend The Essure Summit to learn new techniques and best practices for providing patients with the optimal Essure experience.
• In February, Dr. Randell was appointed to the Clinical Advisory Board of LabCorp, one of the largest laboratories in the United States. He attended a meeting in North Carolina with the Company's CEO and other executives.
• In March, Dr. Randell traveled to Ohio to give lectures on cervical cancer screening with HPV testing.
• In March, Dr. Randell was faculty for the Nexplanon Clinical Training Program to teach other clinicians about this novel three-year contraception.
• In April, Dr. Randell served on the Lysteda Medical Advisory Board. Lysteda is a new nonhormonal medication for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding.
• In April, Dr. Randell spoke at the International Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecology/Urology Symposium. The event featured experts from around the world. Dr. Randell lectured on robotic myomectomy techniques that he has perfected.
• In April, Dr. Randell traveled to New York and spoke with Wall Street analysts about the use of an FDA approved drug, Makena, to prevent recurrent preterm labor.
• In May, Dr. Randell attended the 60th Annual Clinical Meeting of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in San Diego, California.
• In June, Dr. Randell was faculty for an advanced robotic surgery course sponsored by ETHICON Global Surgery & Intuitive Surgical®, Inc. at Intuitive’s Corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
• In June, Dr. Randell spoke about preterm labor at the Women in Government 13th Annual Southern and 14th Annual Eastern Regional Conferences in Memphis.
• In July, Dr. Randell traveled to San Jose, California to meet with the executive team of Arioso Diagnostics, Inc. about the Harmony Prenatal Test, a simple blood test to detect common fetal trisomies.
• In September, Dr. Randell was the Chairman of the Watson Women's Health Consultant Board Meeting in Chicago.
• In September, Dr. Randell traveled to Florida Hospital - Celebration in Orlando to learn the latest surgical techniques for treating urinary incontinence.
• In September, Dr. Randell spoke about the management of ovarian masses at the 2012 ACOG Districts VI, VIII, & IX Meeting at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix.
• In October, Dr. Randell was the keynote speaker for a national webinar on OVA 1 and the management of adnexal masses.
• In October, Dr. Randell was the first robotic surgeon at Northside Hospital to use OmniGuide's new laser with the daVinci surgical robot.
• In November, Dr. Randell attended an international gynecological laparoscopic surgery meeting in Las Vegas. His surgical video on robotic assisted laparoscopic myomectomy was displayed at the OmniGuide exhibit.
• In November, Dr. Randell went to Washington, DC and spoke with US Senator Johnny Isakson's office about the problems with compounded drugs.
• In November, Dr. Randell was listed on the Pass The Pearls String of Surgeons. Pass The Pearls is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing the world of women’s healthcare, spreading the word about state of the art surgical care for women and improving access to minimally invasive surgery. Physicians listed are board certified surgeons who report over an 80% minimally invasive surgery (MIS) rate, low conversion rates to open procedures, and low complication rates.
• In November, Dr. Randell was the first surgeon to perform a fibroid removal at Northside Hospital using the new MyoSure XL device.
• In December, Dr. Randell completed his 600th robotic surgery, more than any other benign gynecological surgeon in Georgia.
• In the last week, Dr. Randell traveled to San Francisco and La Jolla, California to discuss reversible hormonal contraception. He also traveled to New York City to lecture on advances in the diagnosis of premature rupture of membranes.
• Dr. Randell will travel the week before Christmas to New Jersey for Ethicon's Dermabond advisory board.
• Dr. Randell is scheduled to perform more than 20 additional operations between now and the end of the year. As in previous years, most of his surgeries this year were performed minimally invasively, as an outpatient, and he removed record-size fibroids and uteruses.
There are a lot of great ObGyns around the country and in Atlanta, but what makes Dr. Randell stand out as the best, is his experience, knowledge, skill, and compassion. He works tirelessly to make sure that each of his patients receives the best possible care and results. That is why other ObGyns refer their patients to Dr. Randell and why Dr. Randell is considered a top ObGyn in Atlanta.
It is recommended that women needing gynecologic surgery should seek out a well trained and experienced laparoscopic or robotic gynecologic surgeon like Dr. Randell.
Visit http://www.obgynatlanta.com or http://www.fibroidsatlanta.com or http://www.atlantaroboticsurgery.com for more information.
# # #
Michael D. Randell, M.D., F.A.C.O.G. is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Atlanta, Georgia. He is on the Medical Staff of Northside Hospital. His private office is located in Sandy Springs, next to Northside Hospital. Dr. Randell is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He is an expert in laparoscopic and robotic surgery. With over twenty years of experience, he trains other surgeons on the use of the daVinci robot and lectures across the Country on many topics in women’s healthcare.
Our practice provides comprehensive women's health care. We take care of patients needing high risk obstetrical care and advanced gynecological surgical care, including robotic surgery.
Page Updated Last on: Dec 16, 2012