News By Tag
News By Location
Sterlite Copper’s Child Friendly Villages Project benefits 200 children
Sterlite Industries India Limited (SIIL) is the principal subsidiary of Vedanta Resources plc, a diversified and integrated FTSE 100 metals and mining company, with principal operations located in India and Australia.
Sterlite’s ‘Child Friendly Villages’ project was started in four villages including Vadakkusilukkanpatti, Milavittan, Inigo Nagar and South Veerapandiapuram in Thoothukudi district in view to enhance the standard of living among the people. 200 children have been benefitted by this initiative till date.
Child friendly village concept was initiated as the first step towards developing the village as a role model.
Focus of the Project is to
· Help to mark the weight of the newborn child in the village. Locate the children with very low birth weight and take necessary steps to improve their nutritive value.
· Help to obtain birth certificates for the infants
· qmtgg Celebrate the first birthday of all the newborns in the village
· Attain 100 per cent vaccination among the children in the village
· Help all the children to get education
· Abolish child labour in the village
· Distribution of vegetable seed kits to develop backyard kitchen garden
Speaking on the occasion, “Emphasis is given to improve the health of mother and child in rural areas. The birthday celebration is used as a platform to create awareness on the project objectives which has been widely received and accepted by the community,” said Mr.R.Rajasekarapandy, Head – Corporate Social Respononsibility, Sterlite Copper.
“We are very happy that a big company like Sterlite has come forward to celebrate the birthday of our child,” said Ms. Shanmugalakshmi, mother of Master.Bhoopathy
Photo Cut Line: The first birthday of Master.Bhoopathy, a beneficiary of Sterlite’s Child Friendly Villages project is being celebrated at A.Kumareddiayarpuram on Sunday.
For further information, please contact:
Head - Public Relations
Tel: +91 461 424 2926