News By Tag
News By Location
Lenze SMV IP65 Vector Enclosed Frequency Inverter Application
A customer was after retrofitting an inverter on their system which had a rating of IP65. The drive was to be fitted on the roof of a building. Given the nature of the application it was required to withstand taking severe weather.
The Lenze SMV inverter is a motion sensor less vector drive which requires no panel space, even in areas with moisture or wash down with low pressure jets. Parameters can be saved on the Electronic Programmable Module (EPM). The EPM can be programmed offline and the settings transferred from one drive to another drive seconds.
Advantages of the SMV Inverter Drive:
• A variety of housing versions
• LED display
• High degree of protection IP65
• Maximum Motor Current 9.4
• 200% Overload Capacity
• Mount anywhere on the machine saving panel space, cabling & installation time
• Easy to use, simple push button control, options for display & diagnostics
• Built in RFI filter and RoHS compliant
• Speed control and vector torque control
• High performance dynamic torque response
• Sophisticated auto-tuning (motor calibration)
• Impressive low speed operation
Typical Application Uses of the SMV Inverter Drive
- Outdoor Displays
- Production Line
- Milling and Drilling
Lenze SMV IP65 frequency inverters can be wall mounted in dusty, dirty and damp environments, even with low pressure jets, saving panel space and cost.
The SMV IP65 inverter is available in two different enclosure material for indoor only use and for indoor/outdoor use. These rugged enclosure options are ideal for numerous industries including the food & beverage, waste water, chemical metering & processing and pharmaceuticals.
For more information about the Lenze SMV drives and motion control applications, contact More Control on 0345 00 00 400.